Ezekiel Elliott concedes his lack of effort on two plays in the loss to Denver was born of frustration, calls it uncharacteristic of him and quickly adds there's no excuse for it.
On paper, the Cardinals look to be a team which could potentially upset the Cowboys this week, especially considering that they are home.
Everything that could go wrong for Dallas did in Week 2. Dallas was promptly bulldozed by the Broncos in Mile High. After losing in Detroit and needing overtime to beat arguably the NFL's worst team, Arizona might be lucky to finish the season at.500. Set to turn 38 years old later this season, the quarterback might be in the twilight of his career.
That criticism included more than just his performance.
The first completed 30-of-50 of his throws for 238 yards, while the latter collected just eight rushing yards on nine carries. Elliott had his hands on his hips after Chris Harris Jr. picked off a Dak Prescott pass, and he stayed on the ground after blocking and never chased Aqib Talib while the defensive back returned a different interception for a touchdown.
On last day of summer, snow falling in the Sierra
Snow is falling in the Sierra Nevada on the last day of summer, bringing a wintry look to the towering range shared by California and Nevada.
Elliott was candid with the media after practice and admitted he displayed a lack of effort on the plays. They should be able to cover the spread with a win here.
Dallas has yet to show us it can put up points against good defenses. Dallas certainly falls into that category after making Trevor Siemian look like Peyton Manning. When you are betting on this game take the Dallas Cowboys. With a few talented offensive playmakers like Larry Fitzgerald and J.J. Nelson, as well as some serious defensive talent in Markus Golden and Patrick Peterson, Arizona should be better than they've been. Zeke is one of the most natural competitors I've ever been around.
I think they will return to their 2016 form, but it will take improvement on both sides of the ball for the Cowboys if they want to return to their 13-win form. A week after the Atlanta Falcons barely survived in Chicago, they were dominant at home against the Green Bay Packers.
The Cardinals are just happy to be home after playing each of their first two games on the road and three of their past four overall, including the preseason, in an Eastern time zone.
- Midwestern Ontario Elementary Math Scores Released
- Fake severed hand in central reservation leads to A19 closure
- Draft constitution: SC expresses anguish over 'obstinate behaviour' of BCCI officials
- Brighton convert Tim Krul's loan to a permanent transfer
- Brokerages Set Encana Corporation (ECA) PT at $13.05
- Brokers Issue New Targets On Halcon Resources Corporation (NYSE:HK)
- Key Suspect in Death of Philippine Student Flees Country
- South korea approves $8m aid package for the North
- Metro Detroit teacher allegedly stole $30K from homecoming dance sales
- North Korea Says Sanctions Will Only Speed Up Nuclear Programme