Historic Philadelphia is the latest United States metropolis to add a franchise.
The three new cities joining the roster are Philadelphia, Dallas, and Houston, bringing the number of teams up to twelve. Comcast Spectacor may have its roots in traditional sports, but esports has captured its attention. First is Dallas, where renowned esports organization Team Envy and their investor Hersh Interactive Group will draw upon their considerable experience in competitive Overwatch to contribute to the city's famed reputation in pro sports.
Teams have been bought in major U.S. cities as well as in London, Shanghai and Seoul for what is being touted as the first eSports league to put an internet-Age spin on cultivating local teams the way it is typically done in traditional sports.
FAMU going smoke and tobacco
CVS's charitable foundation said it will issues grants to 126 colleges and universities to help them ban smoking on campus. Florida Agriculture and Mechanical University just received a grant to make the campus smoke and tobacco free.
"We have a storied history of being successful in first-person shooters, or in the shooter genre overall, from Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, and Counter-Strike", Ryan Musselman, chief operating officer at OpTic, told Dot Esports.
For the inaugural season, though, all preseason and regular season games will take place at Blizzard Arena Los Angeles, a state-of-the-art live-event venue in Burbank, Calif., custom-renovated for Blizzard Entertainment e-sports events. This is another significant milestone in OpTic's history and a testament to the loyal support of our fans.
Unlike the other two owners at least pretending that the audience and community are more important than getting a piece of the Blizzard pie, Scott states that eSports is nothing more than a "great addition to our portfolio" and "we believe that Overwatch League is uniquely positioned to succeed". The company also revealed that the preseason will start on December 6, with the first legitimate season kicking off on January 10, 2018 and running until June, with championship playoffs and finals taking place in July. The schedule and format will also be announced in the coming months, so stay tuned to find out those details when they come out.
- Netflix Yanks Kids' Cartoon Episode With Penis Drawing in Background
- Three More Suspects Arrested In Connection To London Subway Blast
- AIA Group buys Australian insurer for S$4.1bn
- Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton crushes 56th home run
- Trump, Pence to campaign for odd before GOP runoff
- United Kingdom retailer installs 'world's first' finger vein payment system
- Hospital allows kids to drive themselves to operating room
- Google (et YouTube) aide une association anti-piratage
- Regresa Márquez a los entrenamientos
- Polygamist leader Lyle Jeffs pleads guilty to federal fraud charge