People have been tweeting impersonations of her looks and accent, and recreating the hotel video as much as possible, calling it the "Irene Challenge".
Despite chants and calls from protesters at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont for the FBI to take over the investigation of the death of Kenneka Jenkins, local police say federal help is not necessary.
The footage doesn't exist, a spokesperson for the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center told CBS News. Jenkins went to a party at the hotel on Friday, Sept. 8 with friends.
Melania Trump Condemns Bullying in an Address at the UN
The first lady's speech made no mention her husband as she urged the world to "ensure that our children's future is bright". Melania Trump's United Nations speech preached about setting an example for our children and preventing bullying...
Police investigating the death of a woman whose body was found inside a suburban Chicago hotel freezer are examining a video that appears to show her in a room at the hotel hours earlier. With little information given by the Chicago police, social media became the platform for amateur sleuthing and many theories on Jenkins' death. Hotel staff has offered to show the teen's family all the footage in private.
"I want to see her literally, actually walking into this freezer", Martin told reporters last week, CBS reports. At one point in the footage, the teen can be seen stumbling out of an elevator and repeatedly hitting the wall as she makes her way down a hallway. In another call, police officers are recorded saying that they had found Jenkins and that she was "frozen solid". There's a time gap, and she's seen by herself a few hours later, appearing to be under the influence.
The investigation is ongoing and Rosemont police have said it is a top priority. Suspicions of foul play subsided after Rosemont police released hotel surveillance video showing Kenneka Jenkins staggering into the kitchen area on her own.
- Facebook Is Adding Oversight to Avoid Future 'Jew-Hater' Targeting
- Devastating Maria's center makes landfall in Puerto Rico
- Diego Costa sent stark warning by Spain boss Julen Lopetegui
- Teenager 'sacked' for opposing same-sex marriage speaks out
- Stolen tool investigation leads to two arrests
- Anthropologie launches augmented reality feature for its smartphone app
- Crazy Volume Spikes for: Ford Motor Co
- Rob Portman Hints That He'll Support Latest GOP Health Care Bill
- Massachusetts House Holds Hearing On $15 Minimum Wage
- Yankees reduced to tears after kid struck by foul ball