"I think Hollywood and the media need to lighten up", she said. And Twitter couldn't be happier with Lucius Malfoy's takedown of Spicer.
Many critics of the moment said the Emmys played a hand in "normalizing" Spicer, which is similar to the criticism Jimmy Fallon faced after inviting Trump on his show for an interview, during which the host tousled the now-president's hair. Rather, my concern is over the emerging set of incentives: if officials, particularly in Trump's White House, realize that they'll face no public penalties for their misdeeds, they'll have no reason to act responsibly. It was indeed surprising that Stephen Colbert would let him roll in for the sake of a "joke" that riffed on the most innocuous of Spicer's many infractions.
But to pull off such an Emmys stunt involving Spicer required the maximum of subterfuge.
Sean Spicer speaks at the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 17, 2017, at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. While he respects people's opinions, he said people shouldn't take the appearance that seriously.
Lorient chute à Auxerre, Reims nouveau leader
Le FC Lorient a concédé sa première défaite de la saison, mardi soir, lors de la 8e journée de Ligue 2 . Les hommes de Mickaël Landreau ont été battus à Auxerre (1-0), sur un but de Jordan Adeoti (65e).
All of these reasons are why Twitter was so excited to see Isaacs show Spicer no mercy. He's been quoted recently as saying life outside is much more relaxed. "You had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons", he said. Others used Harry Potter GIFs, because of course.
Fans couldn't deny that having it come from the actor who played Lucius Malfoy seemed fitting in some cosmic way.
Someone else tweeted, "Who knew that Lucius Malfoy would be the voice of reason in all this". After all, Spicer had become an unlikely but globally recognized celebrity during his contentious tenure as Trump's press secretary. So, people wondered, who exactly was Spicer making fun of here?
"One important pillar of conservative political dominance, I believe, is the phenomenon sometimes called "wingnut welfare": loyalists are always assured of decent employment, no matter how badly they perform", the New York Times columnist wrote in 2008.
Kellyanne Conway, the counselor to the president, hit back, criticizing the tone of the awards show during an appearance on Fox & Friends Monday. Can't imagine Lucius Malfoy would like it one bit.
- Nigerian Army Chief: Operation Python Will Continue Until It Is Satisfied
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj meet PM's of Bhutan & Bangladesh
- Suspicious object triggers bomb scare at Mangaluru airport
- Vince Cable: UK has befriended 'volatile, dangerous' Trump
- Andrew Bogut Agrees Upon One-Year, $2.3M Deal With Lakers
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) Position Lowered by Heartland Advisors Inc
- Tampa university head ousted for 'lack of leadership' during Irma
- United Details Boeing 747's Farewell Flight
- Social media helps police capture Dallas fugitive in LA
- Guterres calls for statesmanship to avoid nuclear war with North Korea