They also exchanged views on the regional situation.
They agreed that there is no military solution of the Afghan conflict and the efforts should continue for a regional approach for an internal political settlement in Afghanistan through an Afghan-owned and Afghan-led peace process.
Pakistan and the United States have agreed to sort out differences souring their bilateral ties through dialogue.
Discussing the plight of Rohingya Muslims, President Erdogan and Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi urged the global community and the OIC to take urgent measures to alleviate the suffering of these people.
It was also agreed that both the countries would continue to cooperate at all the multilateral forums in the spirit of neighbourhood and longstanding relationships, which were rooted in history.
Morning Scan Equifax hack claims two executives; Cagney out at SoFi
The fallout over the Equifax data breach continues after two of the company's top executives leave in the middle of the chaos. The company's CEO Richard Smith is scheduled to testify in front of Congress in early October.
According to an official statement, Premier Abbasi commended the president for Turkey's unflinching support to the struggle of the people of India occupied Kashmir.
The agreement was reached during a meeting between Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and US Vice President Mike Pence on the sidelines of United Nations General Assembly in NY.
Tehmina Janjua said the prime minister apprised US Vice President about decisions taken by the Pakistan's National Security Committee after President Trump's policy statement on Afghanistan and South Asia.
The prime minister also met British Prime Minister Theresa May, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, as well as President Maithripala Sirisena of Sri Lanka and King Abdullah II of Jordan.
The leaders of Pakistan and Sri Lanka reiterated the deep and historic relations between the two countries and vowed to further strengthen their bonds of friendship. The President stressed on the need for enhancement in trade and economic relations between the two countries.
- Corn, soybean harvest starts in southern Iowa
- New $10 banknote enters circulation today
- Violence during bandh brings Arunachal Pradesh to a standstill
- Theresa May seeks resolution to Bombardier dispute with Boeing
- Indonesian 'shaman' killed while searching for body in crocodile-infested waters
- Kentucky looking to end 30-game losing streak to Florida this weekend
- Trump And Seoul Talk 'Rocket Man,' Vowing More Pressure On North Korea
- China must take more steps to deter N Korea: McMaster
- Protests resume after 120 arrests in St. Louis unrest
- Off With Kim Jong-un's Head?