The group however hailed the South-east governors for denouncing IPOB after it was declared a terrorist group by the Nigeria military, saying it has been vindicated by the declarations.
"Already the new Police Commissioner of Abia State has, upon resumption of office in Umuahia, cited the declaration of the military as a basis for treating IPOB as a terrorist organisation and its members as terrorists".
Director, Defence Information, John Enenche while announcing the military's decision to designate IPOB as a "militant terrorist organisation" also urged parents to dissuade their wards from joining the group.
"You have to get it very clear".
Constitutional lawyers have also lampooned the Nigerian military and the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) for abusing the 1999 Constitution, and derogating the provisions of Section 217 of the constitution and the Terrorism Act 2014.
The meeting between Ikpeazu and the Vice President was still in progress at the time of filing this report.
Punaises de lit : une tente pour les patients des urgences à Nantes
Il est conseillé de se rapprocher de son médecin traitant ou d'appeler le 15 avant de se rendre aux urgences. Certains sont envoyés dans des services de médecine générale, d'autres sont renvoyés vers leur médecin.
In a series of tweets, the former presidential aide wrote: "PMB has begun the process of declaring IPOB a terror group".
But Buratai denied that the military had overstepped its authority.
" We are happy that the, South East governors have come out clearly to denounce support for IPOB case/theory and that is a blow to them".
Pro-Biafra supporters demonstrate in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, during commemorations of the 50th anniversary of the Nigerian civil war on on May 30. By Monday, it had changed its tune.
It is our view that at this point in Nigeria's history, all efforts must be made to guard jealously, the hard-earned democracy which the media, individuals and groups fought hard to enthrone.
But responding in a statement he released through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi, Fayose said that the blackmail by APC leaders in Ekiti State can not cow him to stop his criticism of the bad policies of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration. He is facing charges of treason at a trial due to commence in October. The militarization of Nigeria, being witnessed now can only be likened to 1984 when General Muhammadu Buhari was military Head of State.
- Donald Trump reitera amenazas contra Venezuela y Cuba ante la ONU
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL) is Sitrin Capital Management LLC's 9th Largest Position
- The Punisher Goes Guerrilla In New Teaser Video
- PGA Tour to implement more comprehensive gambling policy for 2018
- Israeli and Egyptian Leaders Meet Publicly For First Time
- Northrop Grumman to purchase Orbital ATK for $9.2 billion
- Xbox's Phil Spencer Promoted to Executive Vice President of Gaming at Microsoft
- Trump sees 'good chance' of striking Mideast peace deal
- Threats can not help resolve Korean peninsula situation, China says