Dai Young, the club's director of rugby, was initially unsure about the extent of the damage, but it has now been confirmed that Cipriani tore a medial ligament.
The 29-year-old, who won the last of his 14 global caps against France in August 2015, was hurt in Wasps' 24-21 Premiership defeat by Harlequins on Sunday.
Wasps and England fly-half Danny Cipriani has been ruled out for up to three months with a knee injury. Unfortunately, it is anticipated that he will be out for approximately 8-12 weeks.
Southern Mexico hit by powerful 7.1 magnitude quake : USGS
Other video showed the side of a government building sheering off and falling into the street as bystanders screamed. Local and state officials said most of the deaths occurred in Morelos, where at least 64 people were killed.
Cipriani saw a specialist today and the initial prognosis is that he'll be out of action for between eight to 12 weeks, meaning the 29-year-old will likely miss the first four rounds of Wasps' European campaign.
Wasp's only consolation is that the New Zealander No10 Jimmy Gopperth is fit again after an ankle knock, with the imminent return of the flanker Thomas Young from a torn calf also reinforcing a now battered squad.
Cipriani's fellow No 10 Jimmy Gopperth has returned to full training having been rested after he picked up a knock, while back row Alex Rieder requires surgery after dislocating his shoulder against Quins and will now spend around four months on the sidelines.
"Unfortunately, we've picked up a few injuries early doors which is obviously going to stretch us, but we just need to deal with that".
- China must take more steps to deter N Korea: McMaster
- Martin Truex Jr wins NASCAR Cup Playoffs opener
- Corn, soybean harvest starts in southern Iowa
- Attack on Black Cornell University Student Under Investigation
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: E*TRADE Financial Corporation (ETFC), Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS)
- Kentucky looking to end 30-game losing streak to Florida this weekend
- Chetopa man arrested for growing marijuana in city park
- Protests resume after 120 arrests in St. Louis unrest
- UP Administration Waives Off 1 Paisa From Loan of Mathura Farmer
- Pakistan, US agree to resolve bilateral issues through dialogue