The 2018 Honda Accord entered mass production today at the Marysville Auto Plant in Ohio.
Some $220 million of the funds go toward updating technologies and processes, including a new $165 million welding department with 342 robots. Honda is also putting $47 million in at its Anna, Ohio, plant to produce turbocharged engines for the new Accord. A laser brazing process for the roof and new stamping techniques help give the Accord its new shape.
The '18 Accord is set to go on sale in the USA this fall.
Iraq's top court suspends Kurdish region's independence vote
It is not immediately clear if the local government in the semi-autonomous Kurdish region would abide by Mondays' court ruling. Court spokesman Ayas al Samouk said, "We have received several complaints and this is why we chose to suspend the referendum".
The automaker is also gearing up to produce the Accord Hybrid at the OH plant.
A subassembly process for the Accord Hybrid's motor and battery unit is new at Marysville, as the Accord Hybrid again is being built in OH after a production stint in Japan.
Through August, Accord volume fell 4.5% vs. like-2016, compared with a 17.5% drop in Lower Middle sales this year.
- United Kingdom lowers terror threat level as subway bomb probe advances
- Lawrence Timmons situation reportedly involved LAX flight and missing person report
- Max Verstappen blames Sebastian Vettel for start crash
- Orioles Minor Leaguer Miguel Gonzalez Dies in Car Crash in Dominican Republic
- Koivu Agrees to 2-Year Extension With Wild
- Mise en examen de l'agresseur d'un militaire à Paris — France
- Antifa Used Twitter To Track Down A Nazi And Punch Him
- Arsenal emerge unscathed from Chelsea visit
- It was kind of funny: Sean Spicer on his amusing Emmy night
- Hurricane Jose Speeds Up, Gains Strength Off East Coast