"The president focused repeatedly in their meeting on fairness", Hook said of Trump, adding that he believes both the Paris deal and the Iran nuclear pact struck by the administration of former President Barack Obama were poorly negotiated.
Scheduled to take the stage in the body's NY headquarters later today, the US President will tell those in attendance that foreign policy based on the prominence of each state's individual sovereignty will be a priority going forward. But I know that under the secretary general, that's changing and it's changing fast.
President Trump made his first presidential appearance at the United Nations about one thing above all else: reform. "We also ask that every peacekeeping mission have clearly defined goals and metrics for evaluating success". "And it was only for the reason that the United Nations was here that that turned out to be such a successful project".
Trump also criticized Iran for destabilizing actions in the Middle East, and suggested he may withdraw from the nuclear deal struck by the Obama administration with Iran and five other United Nations members.
Windsor and Detroit teaming up on bid to host Amazon HQ
The bidding war has begun and the clock is ticking as Amazon searches for the flawless spot to build their second headquarters. Partnerships with entities like the Northwest Indiana Forum and Indiana Economic Development Corp., she says, will be key.
Trump met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and was set to meet with French President Emmanuel Macron.
Xi called on both sides to work closely to ensure a fruitful trip and inject new impetus into the development of Sino-U.S. relations, the report said.
Guterres meanwhile said he shared Trump's vision for a less wasteful United Nations to "live up to its full potential".
"Xi said China and the United States share extensive common interests and have seen sound momentum of exchanges and cooperation in various areas at present", Xinhua said.
Before Trump's speech, some weighed in with advice for the president, including Delaware Democratic Sen.
Hasina is among representatives from 193 countries that have taken part in the assembly.
- 15 000 euros d'amende requis à l'encontre de Stéphanie Jannin — Montpellier
- Le cou d'Alicia Vikander sur l'affiche fait rire internet — TOMB RAIDER
- Eolien : Adwen confirme les deux usines du Havre
- Hazard to start and Chelsea duo could also play against Nottingham Forest
- Matthieu Delormeau dévoile les vraies raisons de son absence dans TPMP
- In screaming rant, Mike Francesa rips James Franklin for icing Georgia State kicker in 56-0 game
- Coutinho breaks his silence on failed Barça move
- PM should stop 'embarrassing' Pakistan with his statements: Ch Nisar
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Intact German WWI U-boat found off Belgian coast