Arfan, a civil engineer by profession and an executive member of BJP's Mazdoor Morchaa uploaded a post on Facebook about a prayer meeting organised by another Guwahati-based NGO for the Rohingiyas of Myanmar.
" I being a triple talaq victim stood by Prime minister, Narendra Modi in his campaign against triple talaq".
However, contrary to her claims, the BJP's state unit stated that general secretary Dilip Saikia had sent a letter to Arfan suspending her from the party with immediate effect. "Now my own party, with which I have been associated for many years, has spelt the talaq on me".
Imax Corporation (NYSE:IMAX) Sees Unusual Trading Volume in Its Shares
In related news, CEO Greg Foster sold 100,000 shares of the company's stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, March 13th. Paloma Partners Management Co acquired a new stake in Imax Corporation during the first quarter worth approximately $1,504,000.
"As this [the meeting] is against the party's principles and ideals, BJP state president Ranjit Kumar Das has instructed the suspension and relieving her from all responsibilities of the party", News18 quoted the letter as saying.
According to reports, the letter reads, "Despite being an active BJP member, you posted in social media seeking support for a programme organised by another organisation in connection with a problem related to Myanmar, without initiating any discussion about it in party platforms".
"I was suspended from the party because I got an invitation to attend the prayer meeting over the killing of Rohingyas Hindus and Muslims in Myanmar". "I apologised for the wrong use of words, but the party didn't listen", she told HT.
- 10000 people in Keys left homeless by Hurricane Irma, governor says
- MS Dhoni's Outstanding Glove Work Against Australia
- DACA deal: The 'wall' in exchange for 'amnesty'
- BJD To Observe 5-Hour Bandh Tomorrow To Protest Fuel Price Hike
- DACA Activists Yell at Pelosi
- Rohingya crisis: Commoners shouldn't suffer,says Mamata Banerjee
- The Ontario Government Is Introducing Tougher Penalties For Drug-Impaired Young Drivers
- Officer who probed 2002 Gujarat riots is new NIA chief
- Reprise du match Afrique du Sud # Sénégal
- Putin Attends Military Drills That Worry Russia's Neighbors