The police under Duterte have been hounded by allegations of irregularities in the conduct of anti-illegal drug operations.
"I will personally, through an official channel, invite the Human Rights Commission of the United Nations to set up a satellite office here", he told reporters in Caloocan after visiting the wake of PO3 Junior Hilario, a policeman killed in an anti-drug operation.
"So I'd like the human rights to ponder on that".
"That's why I am asking for the money, so I can buy equipment that the police lacks", he added.
The President said in order to avoid suspicions of irregularity in police operations, he would suggest for the UN's right body to send representatives to police operations so they could monitor any possible human rights violations.
An opposition lawmaker on Tuesday said there is still "sufficient time" for the House of Representatives to restore the proposed 2018 budget of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR).
The President earlier proposed that the CHR's multi-million budget, which was reduced by the House of Representatives to a measly P1,000, could be used to buy body cameras for policemen.
Haye all set for rematch with Bellew
The venue was the scene of their first fight which Bellew famously won stopping Haye in the penultimate round of their contest. Promoter Eddie Hearn told Sky Sports television that he hoped to confirm soon that the fight was on.
"If I make it to the presidential palace, I will do just what I did as mayor".
"Why is this guy so pre.suffocated with the issue of young people, especially boys?"
On August 16, 17-year-old Kian Loyd de los Santos was killed by Caloocan City police in an alleged shootout, but autopsy findings showed that the Grade 12 student was shot in the back while kneeling and with his face down.
In a forum of lawyers in Manila, Duterte cursed at the CHR for "reprimanding him in public". This is at least the choice of deputies filipinos, who come to adopt the draft budget for 2018.
Duterte made the remark after meeting with a policeman who was freed from captivity by the New People's Army in Davao on Saturday.
"Why are you smitten with teenagers? You are so fixated with the death, that is why I suspect you are a pedophile", Duterte said.
Several senators, including Senate President Koko Pimentel, said they would fight for the restoration of the agency's capital outlay for next year. "These are our own children and the future of our country".
- Deputies Pursue Pickup Towing Stolen Trailer From San Bernardino to Downtown LA
- Northrop Grumman to purchase Orbital ATK for $9.2 billion
- Un séisme de magnitude 7,1 secoue Mexico et ses environs
- More than 40 million trapped in slavery, forced marriages worldwide, report finds
- Equifax: Hackers hit company five months before stealing 143 million customer details
- Georgia customers waiting on power as of Saturday morning
- Two Equifax execs retire after massive data breach
- Broncos' Garett Bolles (leg) week-to-week with a bone bruise
- Heat pick up fourth-year option on F Winslow
- Flood Watch Issued As Hurricane Jose Heads Our Way