There was no shortage of jokes about President Donald Trump throughout the course of the 2017 Emmys - especially from host Stephen Colbert - but one person who apparently wasn't laughing was Kellyanne Conway.
White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway is unparalleled in the field of lie innovation, but on Monday morning, she generously shared the spotlight with her former partner and "alternative facts" muse, Sean Spicer. "They got plucked and polished and some of them didn't eat for two months, all for what? To sound the same?" she said. They have a right to speak, but... 'Who's going to win?
Conway said that the slipping ratings proved that America's response to the increasingly politicized media was to tune it out, and she may have a point - after last year's ceremony scored an all-time ratings low, this year's ceremony dipped 2% from 2016, according to Deadline. "Oh, she lost? I love her show.' There is very little of that". "It's between the Emmys, the Miss America pageant was very politicized, our sports are very politicized". "It looks like Americans are tuning out". "I think that's really unfortunate, actually". Because they want you to stick to your knitting.
"They want you to, in this case, read the stuff that other people write for you", she slammed.
Teens Killed After Truck Drives Off Cherokee County Bridge
Five Northeastern State University freshmen are dead after their vehicle plunged off a bridge in Cherokee County and landed in the Illinois River.
She did, however, seem to enjoy Kate McKinnon's win.
"I am so happy Kate McKinnon was able to get her Emmy", said Conway, who also found herself at the receiving end of a McKinnon impression last season. "It looks like the ratings are suffering", she said.
Watch the clip below.
- Kevin Durant makes huge Twitter gaffe by revealing why he left OKC
- TMS Plays Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Rohingya refugees: Aid groups scramble to vaccinate 150000 displaced children
- Military drills bracket North Korea
- Auburn QB Sean White Arrested, Dismissed from Team
- Ousmane Dembele ruled out for 3-4 months
- Fun's over: China's shared sex dolls snuffed out
- Rite Aid Corporation (RAD) Shares Sold by Laurion Capital Management LP
- Arsene Wenger: Alexandre Lacazette not yet ready for 90 minutes
- MGM announces plans for CT casino