Standing before a B-2 stealth bomber and a vast United States flag, Donald Trump on Friday (Sept 15) lashed out at North Korea warned that advanced U.S. weaponry could make the souls of America's enemies "crumble".
"We will defend our people and our civilization from all who dare to threaten our way of life", Trump said at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland on Friday after Pyongyang conducted its longest-ever test flight of a ballistic missile.
North Korea fired a ballistic missile over Japan and into the Pacific on September 15, responding to new United Nations sanctions with what appeared to be its furthest-ever missile flight amid high tensions over its weapons programmes.
The worldwide community is scrambling to contain an increasingly belligerent North Korea, which in recent weeks has prompted global alarm by conducting its sixth and largest nuclear test and firing long-range missiles over Japan that it says could reach the U.S. mainland.
US President Donald Trump has scheduled talks with leaders of Japan and South Korea to address the crisis.
Nikki Haley says North Korea will be "destroyed" if it continues with what she describes as "reckless" behavior.
Former top White House aide Steve Bannon told a reporter in August that there are no military solutions for North Korea.
Dragon will undock from the ISS
Dragon is now the only resupply spacecraft that is capable of returning to Earth intact. The Dragon then fired its thrusters to separate from the space station.
". Additional provocations will only further isolate the country (North Korea) diplomatically and economically, and will eventually lead down the path of its own collapse".
Also on Friday, the U.N. Security Council condemned the "highly provocative" missile launch by North Korea.
US Secretary of Defence James Mattis spoke over phone with his Japanese counterpart Itsunori Onodera following the latest North Korean missile launch, the Pentagon said. And right now, I don't have any more forensics on it.
It traveled about 3,700 km (2,300 miles) in total, according to South Korea's military, far enough to reach the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam, which the North has threatened before.
Trump said America and its allies will never be intimidated. But the North has ignored countless worldwide reproaches previously.
"Sanctions are indeed ineffective, especially in the case of North Korea, because the country is self-sufficient".
- Navarro à la retraite — Espagne
- Roadside Bomb Kills Government Administrator In Northwestern Pakistan
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Tennessee Titans: Friday Fact or Fiction
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS) - Barclays Holds Rating And Sets New Price Target
- Virat Kohli can surpass Sachin Tendulkar's records, says Virendra Sehwag
- Amber Tamblyn pens poignant op-ed about James Woods 'culture'
- Canada eyes keeping Davis Cup World Group spot
- Four US women attacked with acid in France
- Ferris wheel operator falls to ground after ride malfunctions in North Carolina
- Tsonga s'impose contre Lajovic et envoie la France en finale — Coupe Davis