Sec. of State Rex Tillerson on Sunday said that he is considering shutting down the US embassy in Havana, Cuba over a spate of mysterious sonic attacks aimed at American diplomats stationed there.
"It's a very serious issue with respect to the harm that certain individuals have suffered", Tillerson said. It was reopened in July 2015 as part of the.
The State Department has called the attacks "unprecedented" and has warned Havana it is responsible for the safety of envoys working on its soil - without saying who it believes was behind them.
"We've brought some of those people home", he added.
Bill Maher to the federal government: Back off An error occurred
They also "can't complain when our local law enforcement refuses to cooperate with [President Donald] Trump's deportation squad". Red Velvet was mentioned briefly by Bill Maher on the September 15 airing of his HBO show ' Real Time with Bill Maher' .
Dickerson asked Tillerson about a letter sent by five Republicans senators asking the State Department to expel Cuban diplomats stationed in the USA and to consider shutting down the Havana embassy, which President Obama re-opened in August 2015 after being closed for 54 years.
Some of the 16 staff who were hurt were evacuated to Miami for treatment in USA hospitals, while others were cared for by American doctors who traveled to Havana to work at the embassy.
At least five Canadian diplomats and their families were also affected by "sonic attacks", though none suffered permanent injury, public broadcaster CBC reported Friday.
Symptoms included nausea, dizziness and temporary loss of hearing or memory.
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Singapore Grand Prix
- Iraqi Army Drives ISIS Out from Border Areas
- Train bombing: United Kingdom government says arrest of suspect significant
- Ferris wheel operator falls to ground after ride malfunctions in North Carolina
- Netanyahu to suggest nullification of Iranian nuclear deal to Trump
- Formula 1 Racing Predictions: Singapore Grand Prix 9/16/17
- Alexis benched, Ozil left out & still no start for Hazard
- Une abominable tentative d'escroquerie — Disparition de Maëlys
- Jerry Jones Blocking Contract Extension For Roger Goodell
- Amber Tamblyn pens poignant op-ed about James Woods 'culture'