The Syracuse secondary put in a terrific effort to shut down CMU QB Shane Morris, who was coming off a 487-yard performance against Kansas, holding the Chippewas to 277 yards passing.
Christopher Fredrick recovered from a rough game against Middle Tennessee State with an interception and a pass breakup.
The offenses then exchanged touchdowns before SU's Chris Frederick hauled in another interception near the end of the half to set up a nine-yard touchdown run by Dontae Strickland, giving the Orange a 24-17 advantage that it maintained the rest of the way. Eric Dungey has completed almost 70 percent of his passes and also leads the team in rushing yards (104) and touchdowns (three).
Morris led a 11-play, 91-yard drive to start off the second quarter, which ended in Jonathan Ward's 17-yard touchdown reception.
Syracuse added two touchdowns and a field goal in the second half to pull away with the lead. The Orange rank 25th in the nation in passing yards per game, while the Chippewas are 13th in the country and proved last week that they can win on the road against a power conference team. Bennett was the leading tackler for Syracuse last season.
What makes the iPhone X better than the iPhone 8?
T-Mobile intensified wireless wars a year ago by launching a "free" iPhone 7 promotion with the trade-in of an older device. Pre-order either new iPhone by midnight on September 21st and O2 will aim to get your phone to you as soon as the next day.
"I think Eric Dungey is a great quarterback for that offense because of his ability to move his legs; we saw that late in the game", Bonamego said.
"I think we just stayed together as a family because we knew that people would think that we wouldn't be able to get the job done since the game was kind of going the same way it did last week", Foster said. They also have been opportunistic defensively, recording a national-best eight interceptions despite allowing 27 points in each of their first two games.
TV: 3:30 p.m. ET, ACC Network Extra.
"That win was big, especially bouncing back from last week", Dungey said. There was a total of 14 penalties in today's game.
- ManTech International Corporation Given Average Rating of "Hold" From Brokerage Firms
- Man Utd : 6 à 12 semaines pour Pogba ?
- Short Interest in General Electric Company (GE) Increases By 11.2%
- Civilization on Barbuda has been 'extinguished' by Irma
- Une finale entre deux joueuses issues des qualifications à Tokyo
- Sea of purple fills Statehouse for Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Marseille à Amiens pour renouer avec la victoire en L1
- Afghan officials say bombings kill 6 civilians
- Des touristes américaines aspergées d'acide au visage dans une gare SNCF
- Manchin: Bipartisan Meeting With Trump Featured Tax, Infrastructure Talk