KDLT's Tom Hanson emceed the "Walk to End Alzheimer's" this Saturday morning with around a thousand people in attendance.
The sidewalk of 8th and railroad and throughout Falls Park was lit up in purple as community members and loved ones walked in honor of those battling Alzheimer's disease. In 2016 the Owatonna Walk raised $36,955 contributing to the millions raised nationwide for care, support and research efforts for those impacted by Alzheimer's. "It's also the largest convening of people in the state of Colorado who have a personal connection with the disease, and that's really as important for them as it is for us".
The money raised goes to the Alzheimer's Association to support programs and services that help families living with the disease.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Birthday To Be Celebrate As 'Seva Diwas' Nationwide
He will be inaugurating Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat on the river Narmada's Kevadi today on the occasion of his birthday. The PM began his day by seeking his mother's blessings in Gujarat and soon wishes started pouring in on social media.
Organizers said they saw a record number of volunteers.
"We have to all get together and really, really try to get more people thinking about it, because one in 10 people will get this disease, and that's a lot".
- The Visa Inc. (V) Downgraded to Hold at Vetr Inc
- BlackRock Strategic Municipal T (NYSE:BSD) Trading Down - Shorts Up 6.81%
- Capri gives Ryan Moore first St Leger win
- Sortie de route mortelle en pleine nuit près de Livarot
- Les supporters de l'OM s'en prennent à McCourt
- Rugby delight as Sevens confirmed for Paris 2024
- FL lawmaker responds to hot nursing home deaths
- Nine-year-old gets HIV: Police to summon 46 blood donors
- Un avion de British Airways évacué pour des raisons de sécurité — Roissy
- Le journaliste Loup Bureau de retour en France