The deadly explosion occurred in the town of Mamond, some 25 kilometers from Khar, the major town of Bajaur, one of the seven tribal areas in Pakistan's Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), on Sunday.
A roadside IED blast targeting a vehicle of security officials in Pakistan's restive tribal region today left at least five persons, including four levy personnel, dead, authorities said.
A senior official died in the blast along with five others.
France - Serbie : Noah veut éviter l'excès de confiance
Comme celles de Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (1er tour à Roland-Garros, 3e tour à Wimbldon et 2e tour à l'US Open). L'équipe de france part favorite, en l'absence du grand Novak Djokovic .
Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif has said that he would ask the United States President Donald Trump administration to shun its "militaristic approach" in resolving the Afghanistan issue and that the "talks with the Taliban will bring peace to the war-torn country".
Officials said the administrator of the Mamoond sub-district, Fawad Ali, was being driven to a border village to attend a traditional assembly of tribal elders when his vehicle struck an improvised explosive device.
Pakistan army has launched a series of operations since 2014 against Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan in the tribal region pushing them into Afghanistan, where they reportedly have established bases to carry out attacks on security forces and civilians inside Pakistan. But several militant groups are still active in the country, particularly in the northwest.
- Apple Raises Repair Prices, AppleCare Damage Coverage On Plus Series iPhones
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS) - Barclays Holds Rating And Sets New Price Target
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:DLR) Experiences Heavier than Average Trading Volume
- Gérard Collomb répond aux policiers, et annonce une hausse de budget
- Des factions palestiniennes saluent la volonté de réconciliation du Hamas
- Iran leader Khamenei warns against United States 'wrong move' on nuclear deal
- Old Mutual Global Investors UK Ltd. Trims Holdings in Corning Incorporated (GLW)
- China rebuffs United States demand to cut off oil exports to North Korea
- Mauricio Pochettino "not worried" about Wembley form
- La Juventus portée par un très bon Dybala — Serie A