Axar sprained his left ankle during a practice session and has been advised to rest.
Chennai: Ravindra Jadeja was called up to the Indian team as the replacement for Axar Patel for the first three ODIs in the five-match series against Australia starting in Chennai, on Sunday. The BCCI medical team is monitoring his recovery.
Spin-twins Ravichandran Ashwin and Jadeja had been given a rest after the completion of India's extensive tour of Sri Lanka where the visitors swept both the Test and ODI series in devastating fashion. As luck would have it, Patel was selected ahead of Jadeja for the first three ODIs of the series. He picked up six wickets in four games at an economy rate of 3.85 and was named the man of the match in the first ODI with a three-wicket haul to his name.
Deshaun Watson is the Texans' 9th starting quarterback since 2014
Both teams will go in search of their first win of the season, having lost their respective season-opening games on Sunday. These are the types of offensive performances that scream at you to start the opposing defense/special teams squad.
It was Patel who replaced Jadeja in the Test series against Sri Lanka last month in the third Test, after ICC banned the latter.
Opener Shikhar Dhawan too opted out for the first three matches due to his wife's illness and is expected to make a return in the final two ODIs.
Team India were all gearing themselves up for the first ODI match against Steve Smith-led Australia to be played at M Chidambaram Stadium, in Chennai on September 2017.
- United Nations Security Council to meet after North Korea ballistic missile test
- Dead at Florida Nursing Home After Losing Power Supply During Hurricane Irma
- Flathead County Sheriff in communications with digital threat suspect
- 'Cash me outside' girl signs with Atlantic Records
- SC declines Unitech MD Sanjay Chandra's interim bail plea
- UP police arrests suspect in BSP leader's murder
- Eight die in nursing home in Florida after air-conditioning fails
- Battle-hardened Australia look to end India's home-run
- Morgan Tsvangirai hospitalised in SA for emergency surgery
- Fête de l'Huma. Laurent ne mâche pas ses mots contre Mélenchon