About 3,000 leftist activists and migrants marched through central Athens Saturday to honor the memory of activist rapper Pavlos Fyssas, murdered by a neo-Nazi sympathizer four years ago, and Heather Heyer, the activist killed by a auto at Charlottesville, Va. last month.
The killing of Pavlos Fyssas, who performed under the stage name Killah P, had sparked protests across Greece and led to an investigation into Golden Dawn for evidence linking it to violent attacks.
Giorgos Roupakis, the Golden Dawn member who admitted to a judge that he had killed Fyssas, served 30 months in pretrial detention, the maximum amount of time allowed.
Capri gives Ryan Moore first St Leger win
Capri is the first to score an Irish Derby-St. "I was a bit anxious about that as well, but it all went great". O'Brien said the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Chantilly on October 1 had been discussed by owners Coolmore.
Demonstrators gathered in the centre of the city to demand a ban on the far-right political party and the closure of its offices, local media reported. Blocked by police from reaching the offices, the protesters threw firebombs and police responded with tear gas.
A second rally to mark Fyssas's death anniversary on September 18 has been called for Monday in the working-class neighbourhood of Keratsini where he was stabbed to death.
- FL lawmaker responds to hot nursing home deaths
- Delta Air Lines, Inc. (NYSE:DAL) Trading Volume Significantly Higher
- ManTech International Corporation Given Average Rating of "Hold" From Brokerage Firms
- Short Interest in General Electric Company (GE) Increases By 11.2%
- BlackRock Strategic Municipal T (NYSE:BSD) Trading Down - Shorts Up 6.81%
- American IS fighter surrenders in Syria
- Trump thanks rescue teams in Florida for work during Hurricane Irma
- Sortie de route mortelle en pleine nuit près de Livarot
- Le journaliste Loup Bureau de retour en France
- Pérez prolonge d'une saison chez Force India