The Dragon then fired its thrusters to separate from the space station.
At 4:40 a.m. EDT, Expedition 53 Flight Engineer Paolo Nespoli of ESA (European Space Agency) and International Space Station Commander Randy Bresnik used the Canadarm2 robotic arm to release the SpaceX Dragon after it was detached from the Earth-facing port of the Harmony module.
Once the Dragon spacecraft was a safe distance from the orbiting laboratory, SpaceX flight controllers in Hawthorne, California, sent the command for the Dragon to begin its deorbit burn.
Canada eyes keeping Davis Cup World Group spot
But the 202-ranked Canadian was hit by a crisis of confidence when Ramkumar won the second set and pulled away with the third. Earlier in the day, Ramanathan gave India the advantage after overcoming a jittery start.
Dragon is now the only resupply spacecraft that is capable of returning to Earth intact. Dragon brought a number of experimental payloads to the ISS, including a supercomputer built by HPE that is created to test whether software hardening alone, without any additional hardware changes vs. a standard supercomputer configuration, can keep the computer operating as intended in the harsh conditions of space.
SpaceX's Dragon cargo ship left the International Space Station (ISS) on Sunday and is returning to Earth; the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is broadcasting the journey live. This was the last new Dragon to deliver cargo to the space station.
- Australia call up Handscomb as cover for injured Finch
- Roadside Bomb Kills Government Administrator In Northwestern Pakistan
- Liverpool fans are fuming with Jurgen Klopp after Liverpool 1-1 Burnley
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Tennessee Titans: Friday Fact or Fiction
- Virat Kohli can surpass Sachin Tendulkar's records, says Virendra Sehwag
- France - Serbie : Noah veut éviter l'excès de confiance
- Iran leader Khamenei warns against United States 'wrong move' on nuclear deal
- Bill Maher to the federal government: Back off An error occurred
- Amber Tamblyn pens poignant op-ed about James Woods 'culture'
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS) - Barclays Holds Rating And Sets New Price Target