US President Donald Trump and his top national security advisers said there were military options available for dealing with the North Korea crisis which were both "effective and overwhelming", the media reported.
Trump, joined by first lady Melania Trump, met with military families and watched an air show at the base that houses the presidential plane Air Force One.
Addressing several hundred air force personnel after reviewing some of America's most high-tech fighters jets and bombers, Trump warned that Pyongyang had "once again shown its utter contempt for its neighbours and for the entire world community". "They're better looking than Tom Cruise and we know they can fight better and we know they can fly better", he said, referring to Cruise's 1986 film "Top Gun".
Trump said his administration is working to reverse shrinkage in the size of the Air Force that has persisted since the early 1990s, despite the military having been continuously engaged since that time.
"What we are seeing is they continue to be provocative, they continue to be reckless".
Les supporters de l'OM s'en prennent à McCourt
Le défenseur ne se privait pas pour envoyer d'un coup de tête rageur le ballon au fond des filets. L'OM a cependant rencontré plusieurs formations turques ces dernières années.
"We are and forever will be a nation of pioneers and patriots", he said. "And at that point there is not a whole lot the security council is going to be able to do from here when you have cut 90% of the trade and 30% of the oil", she said.
Another video was widely circulated that showed President Trump whisper something to Melania and she made another facial expression. "We will be there tomorrow and the day after, as we work to respond, recover, and rebuild".
Trump's remarks came after North Korea fired a ballistic missile over the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido earlier on Friday, the latest in a stream of missile tests that have looked to defy the worldwide community.
Will Trump return to N.J.?
- Un avion de British Airways évacué pour des raisons de sécurité — Roissy
- Deutsche X-trackers MSCI EAFE HiDvYdHgEq (HDEF) Declines 0.45% for Sep 16
- Deaf community outraged after interpreter signed gibberish before Irma
- Ryan says tax overhaul plan to come this month
- Rugby delight as Sevens confirmed for Paris 2024
- Pérez prolonge d'une saison chez Force India
- CNNPolitics: Trump admin doesn't want to talk about climate change
- Ankara fâché par une manif kurde à Cologne
- Brandon Wimbush breaks record on 65-yard TD run
- Le journaliste Loup Bureau de retour en France