What a tremendous race as Capri was chased through the closing stages by Crystal Ocean and Stradivarius, both their jockeys in dark silks with yellow caps; it was a stirring sight.
The son of Galileo became the first horse since Triple Crown star Nijinsky in 1970 to win the Irish Derby and the St Leger, in his first race since his success at the Curragh 77 days ago. Capri was fully extended to finish a half-length in front of Crystal Ocean, the 5-1 third choice.
Moore gained his first victory in the world's oldest Classic as the Irish Derby victor beat runner-up Crystal Ocean and third-placed Stradivarius.
Stradivarius, the Goodwood Cup victor, struck for home soon afterwards but Capri's reserves of stamina seemed bottomless as he ground his way into a narrow lead and then defended it grimly as Crystal Ocean and Jim Crowley tried to run him down inside the final furlong.
Jean-Paul Delevoye nommé Haut-commissaire à la réforme des retraites
Macron a assuré que cette réforme "en profondeur", "ne touchera pas à l'âge légal de départ à la retraite à 62 ans, ni au niveau des pensions".
"He's a horse with a lot of class and Ryan gave him a great ride", said the Irish trainer. "He's done very little wrong in his career".
"It was a good Leger and the first three home are horses that are very good".
O'Brien said the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Chantilly on October 1 had been discussed by owners Coolmore.
Capri is the first to score an Irish Derby-St. "I was a bit anxious about that as well, but it all went great".
- Un octogénaire prend la nationale en contresens, trois morts — Creuse
- Rugby delight as Sevens confirmed for Paris 2024
- Brandon Wimbush breaks record on 65-yard TD run
- Deaf community outraged after interpreter signed gibberish before Irma
- Deutsche X-trackers MSCI EAFE HiDvYdHgEq (HDEF) Declines 0.45% for Sep 16
- The terrorist attack in the subway of London: police arrested a suspect
- CNNPolitics: Trump admin doesn't want to talk about climate change
- British Airways plane evacuated in security threat at Paris airport
- American IS fighter surrenders in Syria
- Le parquet désigne un expert en incendie — Incendie à Beersel