India enjoyed a mixed day as they tied Canada 1-1after the opening singles rubbers in the Davis Cup World Group playoff in Edmonton on Friday.
"It's my first five-set match, for sure the longest I have been on the court", Shapovalov said. "We were just fortunate enough to get ahead early and stay there".
Yuki turned the match on its head after being down by two sets and a match-point in the third set but eventually lost 6-7 (2), 4-6, 7-6 (6), 6-4, 1-6 to World No. 51 Denis Shapovalov - an audacious performance in a three-hour-52-minute battle.
As far as the singles is concerned, Denis Shapovalov - who set the tennis the world alight by taking out Rafael Nadal at the Montreal Masters - would be the man on whose soldiers the Canadian hopes rely.
Spurred on by the sizeable home support at Edmonton's Northlands Coliseum, Shapovalov powered through the first set, blasting seven aces and putting ample pressure on Bhambri's service. Schnur looked down and out, trailing by two sets to one, and down by a break in the fourth set but found energy to fight when Ramkumar dropped serve immediately.
How to watch the show online
While "The Late Show" star previously hosted the Kennedy Center Honors in 2016, the Emmys cements his first major hosting gig. While there are a few hours to go, we are here to guide you how to watch the Emmys live on television or online .
"Probably not converting on those two break points when I had it 6-5 and five-all in the second set", said the kid who played college tennis in North Carolina until he chose to go on the tour this summer.
But the 202-ranked Canadian was hit by a crisis of confidence when Ramkumar won the second set and pulled away with the third.
When and where will the Davis Cup tie between Canada and India be played? Schnur, 22 and playing in his maiden tie, broke Ramku mar in the 11th game to take the first set. The Canadian found his mojo after breaking Yuki in the third and broke him again in the sixth game to take a 5-1 cushion and clinched the issue with a crushing forehand victor. "The boys fought with a lot of heart from a losing position".
Earlier in the day, Ramanathan gave India the advantage after overcoming a jittery start.
Bhambri won the fourth set 6-4 and suddenly Canada in deep trouble going into a fifth set. "We only had best-of-threes in college". You might assume that Canadians Daniel Nestor and Vasek Pospisil would be favoured based on their historic doubles success, but in fact Nestor has lost his last five matches and Pospisil is nursing a bad back here.
Pospisil is likely to be Canada's second representative in the singles.
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Tennessee Titans: Friday Fact or Fiction
- Des factions palestiniennes saluent la volonté de réconciliation du Hamas
- Australia call up Handscomb as cover for injured Finch
- China rebuffs United States demand to cut off oil exports to North Korea
- L'échange musclé entre Emmanuel Macron et une habitante de Saint-Martin
- Alexis benched, Ozil left out & still no start for Hazard
- Iraqi Army Drives ISIS Out from Border Areas
- Trump hits back at Clinton, with a golf ball, on Twitter
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS) - Barclays Holds Rating And Sets New Price Target
- Tsonga s'impose contre Lajovic et envoie la France en finale — Coupe Davis