It was an omen of the second half and perhaps for the rest of the season, which really gets tough next week when the Eagles travel to Clemson to meet the reigning national champions. "We were physical, made plays", said head coach Brian Kelly after the game.
Wimbush ran for four touchdowns and 207 yards, a record for a Notre Dame quarterback.
In a performance which nearly defies description, the Irish rolled out of their locker room in the second half to post a 49-20 victory, while piling up an astonishing 611 yards in total offense, including 515 rushing yards, which is one yard short of the school record of 516 the Eagles allowed in a 34-31 loss to Army.
British Airways plane evacuated in security threat at Paris airport
That's when we noticed police and fire vehicles quickly surround the plane and dozens of armed officers and firefighters got out. After an initial search was given the all clear, passengers are being put through X-rays and body scanners by armed officers.
The Irish rushed for 515 yards as a team.
For about 40 minutes it was, until Notre Dame (2-1) scored three straight touchdowns to turn a 14-13 game into a blowout and beat BC (1-2) for the sixth straight time. Losing to Boston College has not been one of them. "We came in at halftime and went up to the offensive line and said, 'Look, we need you to take over this football game". "There weren't a lot of those occasions a year ago so that's what I was hoping for".
From a passing standpoint Wimbush wasn't as impressive, completing 11 of his 24 pass attempts for 96 yards and an interception.
- Le parquet désigne un expert en incendie — Incendie à Beersel
- L'Australie aux commandes face à la Belgique en demies — Coupe Davis
- Deaf community outraged after interpreter signed gibberish before Irma
- U2 annule un concert suite à des manifestations contre le racisme
- Another dead North Atlantic right whale found off NB coast: DFO
- S. Korea boosts Iran crude oil imports
- Varun Dhawan now feels Kangana Ranaut's take on nepotism is 'right'
- How to Watch Texas vs. USC
- Auckland fuel shortage leads to cancelled, rerouted flights
- Sky, par les développeurs de l'excellent Journey