The artwork, named Civilian Drone Strike, depicts drones destroying a child-like drawing of a house while a little girl and her dog watch on in horror.
The fair is a "moral abomination" according to Andrew Smith of Campaign Against Arms Trade, who said that the money from Banky's work would help to fund more protests against arms companies, and against the next DSEI in two years' time. This five-day exhibition formed part of a two-week festival of protest against the Defence and Security Equipment International arms fair in East London this week.
L'échange musclé entre Emmanuel Macron et une habitante de Saint-Martin
Emmanuel Macron dormant sur un lit de camp dans la gendarmerie de Saint-Martin, après une toilette au seau d'eau. J'avais besoin de vous le dire entre quatre yeux " a-t-elle dit ajoutant: " croyez moi monsieur Macron.
During last week's Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) fair, Mr Smith said it was "shameful that the government is welcoming despots and dictatorships to the United Kingdom to buy weapons".
The DSEI fair featured a vast array of state-of-the-art military equipment, from tanks and armoured personnel carriers through fighter jets and high-speed inflatables, to sniper rifles and hi-tech protective clothing.
A spokesman for the department said: "The government undertakes a stringent process of scrutiny and approval before issuing any invitations to foreign governments to attend a major United Kingdom defence exhibition like DSEI".
- Koeman: Replacing Lukaku Is A Big Ask
- Catholic priest, teacher recovered from IS militants in Marawi City
- How to watch the show online
- Grosjean Questions Viability of a Wet Singapore Grand Prix
- Des factions palestiniennes saluent la volonté de réconciliation du Hamas
- Koala goes on 16km ride attached to axle of auto
- La Juventus portée par un très bon Dybala — Serie A
- Olympic boxing champ's Vegas fight off
- EPS for Yum China Holdings Inc (YUMC) Expected At $0.55
- Une médecin condamnée pour escroquerie à la sécurité sociale à Lyon