The artwork, named Civilian Drone Strike, depicts drones destroying a child-like drawing of a house while a little girl and her dog watch on in horror.
The fair is a "moral abomination" according to Andrew Smith of Campaign Against Arms Trade, who said that the money from Banky's work would help to fund more protests against arms companies, and against the next DSEI in two years' time. This five-day exhibition formed part of a two-week festival of protest against the Defence and Security Equipment International arms fair in East London this week.
Ban Ki-moon to the International Olympic Committee ethics commission
Oswald did not say how many athletes could be involved, but said the first hearings would start next month. The former South Korean foreign minister said the Seoul government is closely working with the UNSC.
During last week's Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) fair, Mr Smith said it was "shameful that the government is welcoming despots and dictatorships to the United Kingdom to buy weapons".
The DSEI fair featured a vast array of state-of-the-art military equipment, from tanks and armoured personnel carriers through fighter jets and high-speed inflatables, to sniper rifles and hi-tech protective clothing.
A spokesman for the department said: "The government undertakes a stringent process of scrutiny and approval before issuing any invitations to foreign governments to attend a major United Kingdom defence exhibition like DSEI".
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partn (NYSE:BIP) Trading Up - Short Interest Down -5.69%
- Old Mutual Global Investors UK Ltd. Trims Holdings in Corning Incorporated (GLW)
- EPS for Yum China Holdings Inc (YUMC) Expected At $0.55
- Debate prep included Trump stand-in 'stalking me — Clinton
- Une abominable tentative d'escroquerie — Disparition de Maëlys
- La Juventus portée par un très bon Dybala — Serie A
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI) Raises Dividend to $0.33 Per Share
- Antonio Conte vows to turn Tiemoue Bakayoko into the complete midfielder
- Mauricio Pochettino "not worried" about Wembley form
- The The BTG plc's (BTG) Hold Rating Reiterated at Peel Hunt