United States officials reportedly confirmed that there are around 250 Americans who left the country to join the ISIS cells in Syria and Iraq, but there are no details about how many are still left fighting for the organization.
Mohamad Jamal Khweis, 27, was captured by Kurdish forces in northern Iraq in March 2016.
Fox News reported two military officials confirming that a USA citizen believed to have joined up with ISIS was being held by the SDF.
Then-FBI Director James Comey estimated in late 2015 that more than 200 Americans had tried to join the militants in Syria or provided support to those who joined.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Birthday To Be Celebrate As 'Seva Diwas' Nationwide
He will be inaugurating Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat on the river Narmada's Kevadi today on the occasion of his birthday. The PM began his day by seeking his mother's blessings in Gujarat and soon wishes started pouring in on social media.
Russian and USA battles against Islamic State in Syria have mostly stayed out of each other's way, with the Euphrates often acting as a dividing line. Some military spokespeople suggested that the fighter "surrendered" on or around Tuesday.
A senior aide to President Bashar al-Assad said the Government would fight any force, including the US-backed fighters, to recapture the entire country.
The United States and Russian Federation are backing separate offensives in Syria's multi-sided conflict - with both sides advancing against the Islamic State militant group in the eastern region that borders Iraq.
The Russian- and USA -backed campaigns against Islamic State in Syria have mostly stayed out of each other's way as the sides seek to avoid conflict, with the Euphrates often acting as a dividing line between the sides.
The command of the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces said in a statement that Saturday's air raid occurred on the eastern side of the Euphrates River in the industrial area that was recently liberated from the Islamic State group.
It is not the first time an American citizen fighting for IS has been detained. "Air power will be the main determining factor".
"In general, I don't think we're better off bringing these people to federal court", where they are represented by "court-appointed lawyers" and given "discovery rights to find out our intelligence", Sessions said.
- British Airways plane evacuated in security threat at Paris airport
- Deaf community outraged after interpreter signed gibberish before Irma
- CNNPolitics: Trump admin doesn't want to talk about climate change
- Varun Dhawan now feels Kangana Ranaut's take on nepotism is 'right'
- U2 annule un concert suite à des manifestations contre le racisme
- Brandon Wimbush breaks record on 65-yard TD run
- On lui retire son permis, elle rencontre l'amour et remercie la police!
- Sortie de route mortelle en pleine nuit près de Livarot
- Le parquet désigne un expert en incendie — Incendie à Beersel
- Hamas says it accepts reconciliation demands