"This is an issue that, obviously, the prime minister will raise with the secretary general of the United Nations".
Though no meeting has been scheduled between PM Abbasi and US President Donald Trump on the sidelines of the UNGA session, both the leaders may engage in some informal interaction.
It is a matter of satisfaction that Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has done some plain but tough talking and told Washington that aid cuts in any form will hurt United States more than Islamabad which will be forced to buy weapons from other sources if sale of F-16 fighter jets is blocked to maintain its national defence forces.
Prime Minister Abbasi would be leaving for America tomorrow (September 17) to attend the UNGA session and address the forum on September 21. Meanwhile, in his meeting with the Afghan Ambassador Hazrat Omar Zakhilwal, the Prime Minister highlighted Pakistan's commitment for peace and stability in the region and particularly in Afghanistan.
The prime minister reiterated Pakistan's support for an Afghan-led and Afghan-owned reconciliation process.
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
Ambassador Zakhilwal conveyed the commitment of the Afghan government to work for furthering bilateral relations between the two countries that have significant historical, cultural, economic and political linkages.
He said pointedly that we are fighting the war against terror, anything that degrades our efforts in this regard will only hurt the United States effort and any targeted sanctions by Washington against Pakistan will also not be helpful for USA counter-terrorism efforts adding pointedly that whatever needs to be done, it needs to be done with a cooperative spirit. U.S. should cooperate with Pakistan to diminish the safe havens of terrorists in Afghanistan. Now US is blaming Pakistan for face saving.
A meeting of the OIC Contact Group on Jammu and Kashmir will also be held.
General Shields talking on the occasion said that the rapid changes as the passage of time in the field need mutual cooperation that will also help to transfer of technology.
- Nike unveils Cleveland Cavaliers' new "Statement Edition" uniforms
- Rosie O'Donnell's ex-wife found dead
- Africa's richest man joins race for South African cement firm
- Reviewing Individual Broker Targets Of Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC)
- Marcelo signs his new contract with Real Madrid until 2022
- Antonio Conte: I couldn't care less about Arsenal's problems
- AAC shuffles schedule after Irma postponements
- Richard Branson takes shot at 'man-made climate change' in Irma's wake
- Out-of-state lineman misses son's wedding to restore power in Florida
- Eight die at Florida hospital as Irma disrupts power supply