As of Friday morning, there was a 20 to 30 percent chance for tropical storm force winds - 39 to 73 miles per hour - for the eastern half of Long Island from early Tuesday to early Wednesday, based on a wind-speed probability graphic from the hurricane center. It is moving west-northwest at 22 miles per hour. Currently Jose should regain its hurricane force strength by the end of the day on Friday.
At 5:00 a.m., the centre of Tropical Depression Fourteen was located near latitude 10.6 North, longitude 27.3 West - about 435 miles (700 km) south south-west of the Cabo Verde Islands. The storm is forecast to gradually intensify while moving to the northwest, then north, and at some point, turn northeast parallel to the US coastline.
No coastal watches or warnings are in effect for Jose, but the storm is expected to bring "high surf and life-threatening rip currents along portions of the U.S. East Coast", the hurricane center warns. The storm, located 435 miles east-northeast of the southern Bahamas, is expected to turn toward the northwest, but it's not now expected to generate any unsafe conditions in the U.S.
You Can Stop a Forced iPhone X Face ID Unlock
Now the Cupertino giant seems to have cleared the air by confirming to reporters that Face ID is limited to one face. Face ID is one of the big talking points coming off the back of the iPhone X announcement this week.
Tropical Storm Jose continues to churn in the open waters of the Atlantic Ocean. After intensifying into a Cat 4 Hurricane, Jose continued to hurl in the Atlantic sparing landmasses from another catastrophe after Hurricane Irma. Things will become more in focus as we move into the weekend.
Meanwhile, the NHC reported that Hurricane Irma weakened to a tropical storm at 8 a.m. Monday. But by late Wednesday and early Thursday, forecasters began warning that cyclone conditions were beginning to look more ripe.
- Jennifer Lawrence Admits To Wild Budapest Bar Fight After Pole Dancing Scandal
- Judge sides against Trump in fight over 'sanctuary cities'
- Actor Harry Dean Stanton Dies in LA at Age 91
- Legal & General Group Plc Reduces Holdings in Yamana Gold Inc. (AUY)
- Real Madrid star claims Barcelona made contact to sign him this summer
- Google disables offensive ad keywords found by BuzzFeed
- Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons - 9/17/17 NFL Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Euro de basket - La Serbie rejoint la Slovènie en finale
- Les exercices militaires russes inquiètent à l'ouest
- Richard Sherman (hamstring) 'looks like he can play,' Pete Carroll says