Mesut Ozil wants to stay with Arsenal, it has been revealed.
The Germany worldwide has been strongly tipped with a move away from the Emirates Stadium and would be free to speak to interested parties in January as he is now in the final year of his contract.
According to German publication Sport Bild, the 28-year-old, whose situation is similar to his teammate Alexi Sanchez, could leave the club when the player's contract comes to an end.
Arsenal are planning to open contract talks with Aaron Ramsey and Danny Welbeck in the next few weeks to avoid the players entering the final years of their deals, sources close to the club have told ESPN FC.
Pakistan, US engagement imperative, says Abbasi
"This is an issue that, obviously, the prime minister will raise with the secretary general of the United Nations". The prime minister reiterated Pakistan's support for an Afghan-led and Afghan-owned reconciliation process.
But reports in Germany are claiming Ozil will snub any offers from the FA Cup holders and leave on a free in the summer.
Of course we are aware that people's minds and opinions regularly change in football, but I think it is naive to simply believe a story that is thrown around by the media, especially when there isn't even a quote to back up any such claims.
'The contract talks have slowed down a little bit since August 31, because we need a little breather and to focus on the competition.
The good folk at the German newspaper have reported (we get this via the Sun) that Mesut Ozil wants to reunite. with Jose Mourinho and pick it all off from they left it at Real Madrid. However, his representatives are demanding around £350,000-a-week ($462,175 per week) to sign a new deal.
- Never Forgotten: Friday marks POW/ MIA Recognition Day
- Real Madrid vice-captain Marcelo signs two-year contract extension with club
- Trudeau téléphone à Aung San Suu Kyi
- Republican budget passes state Senate with help from three Democrats
- Reviewing Individual Broker Targets Of Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC)
- Trump says deal is nearing on young immigrants
- Rhumbline Advisers Buys 60910 Shares of Antero Resources Corporation (NYSE:AR)
- Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (FOXA)
- Out-of-state lineman misses son's wedding to restore power in Florida
- Is Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE:COG) Undervalued?