Mesut Ozil wants to stay with Arsenal, it has been revealed.
The Germany worldwide has been strongly tipped with a move away from the Emirates Stadium and would be free to speak to interested parties in January as he is now in the final year of his contract.
According to German publication Sport Bild, the 28-year-old, whose situation is similar to his teammate Alexi Sanchez, could leave the club when the player's contract comes to an end.
Arsenal are planning to open contract talks with Aaron Ramsey and Danny Welbeck in the next few weeks to avoid the players entering the final years of their deals, sources close to the club have told ESPN FC.
Marcelo signs his new contract with Real Madrid until 2022
He made his debut for Madrid as a substitute in a 2-0 defeat against Deportivo La Coruna on 7th of January 2007 at the age of 18. But after being singled out by the Bernabeu crowd, team-mate Casemiro was quick to defend him.
But reports in Germany are claiming Ozil will snub any offers from the FA Cup holders and leave on a free in the summer.
Of course we are aware that people's minds and opinions regularly change in football, but I think it is naive to simply believe a story that is thrown around by the media, especially when there isn't even a quote to back up any such claims.
'The contract talks have slowed down a little bit since August 31, because we need a little breather and to focus on the competition.
The good folk at the German newspaper have reported (we get this via the Sun) that Mesut Ozil wants to reunite. with Jose Mourinho and pick it all off from they left it at Real Madrid. However, his representatives are demanding around £350,000-a-week ($462,175 per week) to sign a new deal.
- Félix Auger-Aliassime s'incline à Banja Luka
- Out-of-state lineman misses son's wedding to restore power in Florida
- Trump says deal is nearing on young immigrants
- Africa's richest man joins race for South African cement firm
- Trudeau téléphone à Aung San Suu Kyi
- 100000 people still without power in Georgia
- Richard Branson takes shot at 'man-made climate change' in Irma's wake
- Rosie O'Donnell's ex-wife found dead
- Imperial Oil Ltd (IMO.TO): Following the Indicators
- Rhumbline Advisers Buys 60910 Shares of Antero Resources Corporation (NYSE:AR)