Monday's season opener against the New Orleans Saints was a very good one for Minnesota Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford, who completed 27 of his 32 passes for 346 yards and three touchdowns in the 29-19 victory.
Smith was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
Linebacker Anthony Barr is dealing with a hamstring injury that kept him from practicing Wednesday. "It's hard at this point to reach any conclusions regarding whether Bradford will or won't play when the Vikings travel to Pittsburgh on Sunday". But considering Bradford was limited and didn't miss practice altogether, it's probably not a serious injury.
Suspended LB Tavante Beckett charged with marijuana possession
The sophomore linebacker has played in both of Virginia Tech's games this season while backing up Andrew Motuapuaka . Sean Huelskamp will slide into Beckett's backup role while he is out on suspension.
The Vikings' recently-acquired cornerback Tramaine Brock was listed as a full participant in practice.
Bradford is the 11th different Vikings player under coach Mike Zimmer to win an NFC Player of the Week award. Keenum appeared in ten games, starting nine, with the Los Angeles Rams last season. Bradford, who went 27 of 32 passing for 346 yards and three touchdowns with a 143.0 passer rating, convinced National Football League honchos that he was the NFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- Zach Randolph Will Avoid Jail Time Over Marijuana Arrest
- Local Volunteers Deploy To Help Hurricane Victims
- "Dancing With The Stars" Judge Carrie Ann Inaba Calls Off Her Engagement!
- Socceroos to play Syria World Cup qualifier playoff in Malaysia
- AMC Entertainment Holdings' (AMC) Buy Rating Reaffirmed at Citigroup Inc
- Small gains on Wall Street on positive day for retailers
- Panthers claim CB LaDarius Gunter
- L'AIE prévoit une solide demande de pétrole
- Trump calls on Congress to accelerate Tax reform legislation
- Hillary Clinton: What (Also) Happened