Monday's season opener against the New Orleans Saints was a very good one for Minnesota Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford, who completed 27 of his 32 passes for 346 yards and three touchdowns in the 29-19 victory.
Smith was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
Linebacker Anthony Barr is dealing with a hamstring injury that kept him from practicing Wednesday. "It's hard at this point to reach any conclusions regarding whether Bradford will or won't play when the Vikings travel to Pittsburgh on Sunday". But considering Bradford was limited and didn't miss practice altogether, it's probably not a serious injury.
Hurricane Irma gives Florida a coast-to-coast pummeling
Virgin Islands and Cuba, killing at least 24 people and leaving officials scrambling Sunday to bring aid to shattered islands. Fort Myers sits north of where Hurricane Irma made landfall over the weekend, though the area did suffer some damage.
The Vikings' recently-acquired cornerback Tramaine Brock was listed as a full participant in practice.
Bradford is the 11th different Vikings player under coach Mike Zimmer to win an NFC Player of the Week award. Keenum appeared in ten games, starting nine, with the Los Angeles Rams last season. Bradford, who went 27 of 32 passing for 346 yards and three touchdowns with a 143.0 passer rating, convinced National Football League honchos that he was the NFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- Search underway for man after vehicle found submerged in water
- L'AIE prévoit une solide demande de pétrole
- Pinellas becomes the latest school district to delay reopening to Monday
- At least 25 dead in early morning fire at tahfiz school
- Trump calls on Congress to accelerate Tax reform legislation
- Irma weakens; officials urge patience for evacuees eager to return home
- James Comey In the Dock? And More
- AMC Entertainment Holdings' (AMC) Buy Rating Reaffirmed at Citigroup Inc
- Zach Randolph Will Avoid Jail Time Over Marijuana Arrest
- Steve Mandanda forfait — OM-Konyaspor