Theresa May will travel to Florence to make a speech on Brexit in a move likely to be seen as a bid to break the deadlock in negotiations.
British Prime Minister, Theresa May, is scheduled to deliver a speech on new "Special Partnership" with European Union after Brexit, May's office said. "She will underline the government's wish for a deep and special partnership with the European Union once the United Kingdom leaves the EU".
"It will confirm the government's desire for a close partnership, especially with the European Union, when the United Kingdom leaves the union", he said.
Downing Street said the decision to deliver the speech in Florence was meant to signal Britain's wish to retain close ties with the European Union after Brexit.
The EU has criticised United Kingdom negotiators, claiming progress on Britain's divorce deal has been too slow.
Lucas Pouille jouera en premier face à la Serbie — Coupe Davis
Le tirage au sort de la demi-finale de Coupe Davis opposant ce week-end, à Lille, la France à la Serbie a été effectué ce jeudi.
The fourth round of talks will begin on 25 September after they were pushed back by a week.
Speculation about Mrs May's speech was sparked when EU Parliament negotiator Guy Verhofstadt claimed an "important intervention" would be made by the PM.
The decision was taken by "both sides" to allow more time for consultation, with the aim of giving negotiations "the flexibility to make progress", a spokesman said.
Her spokesman said: "The prime minister has said that she would provide updates on how the negotiations were going and be engaged in an ongoing conversation with Europe, and that's what she's doing".
- Why Pep Guardiola has frozen out Yaya Touré recently at Manchester City
- Vanguard MSCI EAFE ETF is Argent Trust Co's 6th Biggest Stake
- New Details About Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's Legendaries Revealed
- Tag: zenfone 4 selfie pro
- Kenny Dalglish Thanks Neymar, Nasser Al-Khelaifi After PSG Shirt Donation
- Booker Group Records Growth in Quarterly Sales
- Le Maire : les PEL seront soumis au prélèvement à 30 %
- Women 'go off sex' with same partner THIS long into a relationship
- Flare lands near referee in Champions League game
- Never really spoke to Harry Styles in One Direction: Zayn Malik