United blew a 2-1 lead with Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting's equaliser ending the Premier League leaders' 100 per cent start to the season.
The pair previously exchanged words during the second half at the bet365 Stadium when Mourinho appeared to enter Hughes's technical area, before tempers appeared to be calmed.
"I'm not sure why he didn't want to shake my hand". Maybe it's because it has to be viewed as a negative result for him, coming to Stoke when everybody expected them to beat us.
Mourinho brushed aside the issue in his post-match press conference, though he was keen to stress he was not in the wrong when asked before his press conference.
Mourinho, though, refused to single out the England centre-back and suggested the 25-year-old may have been feeling the effects of playing twice during the global break.
Inflation nears 3% as prices spike again
The UK's inflation rate climbed to its joint highest in more than five years in August as the price of petrol and clothing rose. Indeed, the pound rose to a one-year high against the dollar of $1.3280, following the CPI release.
Mourinho said a draw against Stoke was a "fair result", even though he claimed only one team wanted to win.
"My team-mates have helped me to become a part of the team very quickly and I'll work hard to help them too".
Stoke City Manchester United 2 2 FT Game Details Live football odds with bet365. We have to know against teams like this you have to have a little bit more, you have to be concentrated and of course we're not happy with a point.
"He left [Chelsea] because he was thinking he deserves more opportunity, but he's such a good guy that during these years we were in close contact with a good relationship".
- Shell plans Iraq focus on Basra gas after Majnoon exit
- Satellites show Hurricane Katia crawling to the Mexico coast
- Longtime Game Director Bruce Straley Leaves Naughty Dog
- Larry King Reveals Stage 1 Lung Cancer Diagnosis
- Merck & Company, Inc. (NYSE:MRK) has industry P/E ratio of 12.52
- Cuba says 10 died in Hurricane Irma
- The Last-Ditch Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare
- J.Lo says she's in a 'good relationship' for the first time
- TSX flat as energy, banks offset by materials, industrials
- India Flays Pakistan at UN, Says Islamabad Provides Sanctuary to Terrorists