American benchmark West Texas Intermediate was at $49.39 - a 2.3 percent increase. Apple slipped after announcing its new lineup of iPhones.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 39.32 to end the day at 22,158.18.
Wall Street has been eking out record highs for most of this year, recovering from periodic setbacks caused by turmoil in Washington, questions over USA interest rate hikes and doubts about the Trump administration to push through its pro-business reforms, and lately, tensions over North Korea.
The Nasdaq increased five points to close trading at 6,460.
The Nasdaq is up 1,077.07 points, or 20 percent.
"Le redoutable" : Chapeau, Monsieur Hazanavicius !
Cette fois c'est Jean-Luc Godard , période Mao (de 1967 à 1973), qui a droit aux honneurs du vrai-faux biopic . Mais le film est émaillé de nombreuses nudités totales, et il y a une scène suggestive.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index finished at an all-time high Monday and other major indexes are also trading near their recent highs. Wells Fargo rose 1.7 percent and Bank of America gained 2.4 percent.
USA stocks closed at fresh record highs, with the S&P 500 inching up 0.1 percent and the Dow gaining 0.2 percent.
Most large caps on the Seoul bourse traded mixed, with tech shares leading the gain.
Materials companies were higher, led by a 2.8 percent gain for DowDuPont, which announced some changes to its breakup plan that activist investors had been pushing for. The Nasdaq composite increased 16 points, or 0.3 percent, to 6,448.
- White House says details soon on taxes, DACA
- Tesla's vice president of business development leaves after 11 years
- Eldorado Gold Corporation (NYSE:EGO) Stock Is Shorted Less
- VIDÉO - Castaner promet aux Français… "une augmentation de leur feuille d'impôts"
- Miami resident films Hurricane Irma's ferocious wind and waves from high-rise flat
- Irma weakens; officials urge patience for evacuees eager to return home
- Search underway for man after vehicle found submerged in water
- Socceroos to play Syria World Cup qualifier playoff in Malaysia
- Three reasons why Liverpool will beat Sevilla
- Steve Mandanda forfait — OM-Konyaspor