A transfer petition seeking the shifting of the Ryan International School murder case from Haryana to Delhi or any other state has been filed in the Supreme Court. Following a virtual boycott from the lawyers in Gurugram and Sohna, Haryana, Francis Thomas - an administrator from Ryan International School, who was arrested for negligence, has moved the top court seeking a transfer of the case to Delhi.
The court was told that the defence lawyers going from Delhi also faced hostility in the Sohna court. Thomas was arrested on Monday in connection with the murder of the boy in school premises on Friday last week.
Hurricane Irma gives Florida a coast-to-coast pummeling
Virgin Islands and Cuba, killing at least 24 people and leaving officials scrambling Sunday to bring aid to shattered islands. Fort Myers sits north of where Hurricane Irma made landfall over the weekend, though the area did suffer some damage.
Tulsi informed the Bench that due to resolutions being passed by two Bar Associations barring lawyers from appearing for the accused, his client is being stripped off his basic right to be represented by a counsel.
Tulsi has allegedly urged the court to transfer the case from Haryana's Sohna to Delhi's Saket court. A bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices Amitava Roy and AM Khanwilkar said it will hear the petition on September 18.
- James Comey In the Dock? And More
- "Dancing With The Stars" Judge Carrie Ann Inaba Calls Off Her Engagement!
- Small gains on Wall Street on positive day for retailers
- US Senate approves resolution condemning white supremacist groups
- G5 Sahel : Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta est à Ouagadougou
- Nevada gas prices highest in two years
- Wanna drink with Dave Grohl? Foo Fighters open bar in Bethnal Green
- Kate Hudson under fire for comments on C-Sections
- Tickets for Brewers-Marlins series go on sale Thursday
- L'AIE prévoit une solide demande de pétrole