Reliance Communications's stock opened lower and fell further 2.98% to Rs21.15 on BSE.
Shares of mobile carrier Reliance Communications (RCom) slipped as much as 2.3 per cent in Thursday's trading session as Ericsson India filed an insolvency case against the company and two of its units to recover unpaid dues, RCom said in a filing on Wednesday.
"We wish to inform you that Ericsson India Private Ltd (Ericsson), an unsecured operational creditor, has filed petition under IBC provisions against the company in".
The NCLT, after hearing the parties, adjourned the matter to September 26.
Russian Federation and Belarus begin joint military exercises
Ukraine will be sent to Belarus two verifiers to observe the Russian-Belarusian military exercises Zapad-2017. Tensions between Moscow and the West have spiraled since Russia's 2014 annexation of the Crimean peninsula.
"This seems like the first salvo has been fired but Ericsson is unlikely to push RCom to bankruptcy", said a Hong Kong-based trader.
Ericsson has also filed similar petitions against RCom subsidiaries, Reliance Infratel and Reliance Telecom, for recovery of Rs534.75 crore and Rs129.34 crore, respectively, the filing added.
Debt-laden Reliance Communications earlier this year said that its lenders had agreed to a strategic restructuring plan under which it will get a 7-month standstill to service loans amounting to Rs 45,000 crore.
Reliance Group companies have sued HT Media Ltd, Mint's publisher, and nine others in the Bombay high court over a 2 October 2014 front-page story that they have disputed.
- Joueur de Porto, Vincent Aboubakar fête la victoire avec... le Besiktas Istanbul
- Upcoming Windows 10 Will Show Popup Dialogs for Individual App Permissions
- Florida power outage map: How to check who has power
- Sean Spicer, Chelsea Manning join list of Harvard fellows
- Apple strips the App Store from iTunes 12.7
- Ghost Recon Wildlands - Une Bêta ouverte du 21 au 25 septembre pour le mode PvP
- Maxwell verrouille le vestiaire pour éviter la fuite d'informations — PSG
- World's oldest captive giant panda dies aged 37 in China
- Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Legendaries Revealed In Japanese Magazine
- Musk Now Targets October to Unveil Tesla Semi Truck