Chopra's new Sikkimese production "Pahuna: The Little Visitors" premiered.
Actor Priyanka Chopra, who produced a Sikkimese film Pahuna that premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival, has now apologised for her comments on the north-eastern state calling it "troubled with insurgency". Our film is the first movie to be made in this region. As the interview came out, people immediately took offence and slammed the actor for misrepresenting the state on an worldwide platform. Some even poined out very good movies made by the Sikkimese people and said that Priyanka has no idea what she's talking about on an global platform about their beloved state Sikkim. Netizens have slammed her for ignorance and for being "politically illiterate". "Please comment responsibly", tweeted one Santosh Subban from Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim.
The film was recently screened at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and the actress in one of her interview there made a freaky statement quoting controversy, as per a report in India Today. Katha and Acharya by one of the region's talented filmmakers, Prashant Rasaily; this year's Lepcha film Dhokbu etc. Director Ugen Chatola has in fact made many films starring Bollywood actor Danny Denzongpa (who also hails from Sikkim) which have been commercially successful as well.
Chopra is now in the Canadian capital at the Toronto International Film Festival with her production house's (Purple Pebble Pictures) latest offering, Pahuna.
Rain showers and mild temperatures continue for Thursday
Expect a clear night with lows of 11 C and a mainly clear day Thursday with highs of 19 C in the sunshine. The storm is a mere ghost of its former self, very little wind, and only light to moderate rain bands.
A few days back, Priyanka received a standing ovation at TIFF as she premiered Pahuna at the global film festival. "Plz get the facts right about Northeast".
- Biswatosh Sinha (@biswatosh)Priyanka Chopra is the Ambassador of Assam and calls Sikkim a small state from "north east", troubled by insurgency! Meanwhile, mother Madhu Chopra spoke to Gyatso and expressed regret for her daughter's comment.
Priyanka Chopra's statements about Sikkim are false and the state is not suffering from insurgency.
- Why Pep Guardiola has frozen out Yaya Touré recently at Manchester City
- Paris & Los Angeles awarded 2024,2028 Olympic Games
- Renaissance Technologies LLC Has $634000 Stake in New Relic, Inc. (NEWR)
- Women 'go off sex' with same partner THIS long into a relationship
- Tatiana Silva arrête temporairement la présentation de la météo
- New Details About Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's Legendaries Revealed
- Le Maire : les PEL seront soumis au prélèvement à 30 %
- Randy Moss gets inducted into Minnesota Vikings Ring of Honor
- Booker Group Records Growth in Quarterly Sales
- Congress backs measure condemning white nationalists