Orange County Public Schools will remain closed on Wednesday and Thursday this week as families who fled Hurricane Irma make their way back home. "Parents of children unable to return to school tomorrow because of storm-related issues should provide a written excuse for the absence upon their children's return to school", the district stated in a news release. Currently, 66 local schools remain without electricity, though efforts to remedy that are ongoing.
Pasco County Schools will tentatively reopen on Monday after reassessing the situation in the schools used as emergency shelters.
"This will also provide time for cleanup and fix of our homes, schools and community", the release states. "But a big part of our challenge is with buses". Custodians are asked to return to work Tuesday and other staff on Friday.
Kate Hudson under fire for comments on C-Sections
Apparently, people got Very Mad about Kate's comment yesterday, which is pretty amusing because the magazine came out two weeks ago.
"We are sorry so many people have been affected by Hurricane Irma". At this time, only essential staff is to report as directed by their supervisors.
Power is also needed to keep school cafeterias functioning.
Flagler County schools Superintendent James Tager announced all extracurricular activities, athletic practices and competitions are canceled until Monday.
- Steve Mandanda forfait — OM-Konyaspor
- "Dancing With The Stars" Judge Carrie Ann Inaba Calls Off Her Engagement!
- Suspended LB Tavante Beckett charged with marijuana possession
- Search underway for man after vehicle found submerged in water
- Small gains on Wall Street on positive day for retailers
- Rijiju hits at critics of India's handling of Rohingya Muslim refugees
- Tickets for Brewers-Marlins series go on sale Thursday
- Sinead O'Connor is 'fed up' with being called insane
- Irma weakens; officials urge patience for evacuees eager to return home
- L'AIE prévoit une solide demande de pétrole