As if overcoming the nightmares their big loss to the side now lead by Eduardo Berizzo is not challenging enough, Liverpool have had to cope with the disappointment of being demolished 5-0 by Manchester City in the Premier League and all the criticism that came as a outcome.
It remains to be seen whether the 25-year-old will remain at Liverpool for the long term, with Barcelona surely likely to reignite their interest in him in future transfer windows.
Here are three thoughts from Liverpool's 2-2 Champions League draw with Sevilla at Anfield.
But he was surprisingly dropped for the 4-0 win over Arsenal, with Karius taking the gloves, before returning on Saturday at City.
Local Volunteers Deploy To Help Hurricane Victims
Such agencies are not just calling for monetary donations, but also volunteers. Also (I'll be) checking the food that's being served", he said.
"I did not ask for it", Klopp said.
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson said his side had "got done" by Sevilla on Wednesday night. They had two chances, no more so we were the dominant side and defended well. Maybe I should have changed things.
'That's the plan. Not to keep them happy, no, to use the quality of the goalkeepers and that's how it is, to keep them altogether and then they will decide with the performance who will play.
"The coach was no problem, but I do not think I had any decision on the referee".
Liverpool's Mohamed Salah celebrates scoring their third goal.
Had it been Firmino, Mane or Salah and not Emre Can on the end of a rapid counter, it would have been 2-1, but the German's finish was less assured than you would expect from one of their attacking triumvirate.
In the other Group F game, Maribor came from behind with five minutes remaining to draw 1-1 against Spartak Moscow.
- Pinellas becomes the latest school district to delay reopening to Monday
- Zach Randolph Will Avoid Jail Time Over Marijuana Arrest
- Wanna drink with Dave Grohl? Foo Fighters open bar in Bethnal Green
- G5 Sahel : Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta est à Ouagadougou
- Rijiju hits at critics of India's handling of Rohingya Muslim refugees
- Irma weakens; officials urge patience for evacuees eager to return home
- Tickets for Brewers-Marlins series go on sale Thursday
- James Comey In the Dock? And More
- Nevada gas prices highest in two years
- AMC Entertainment Holdings' (AMC) Buy Rating Reaffirmed at Citigroup Inc