After going undrafted, Gunter made the Packers 53 man roster in 2015 and has been a part of the team's secondary that has struggled greatly over the last couple years.
Gunter was released by Green Bay on Tuesday as the corresponding move for activating wide receiver Geronimo Allison, who returned from suspension.
The Green Bay Packers have released veteran defenders LaDarius Gunter and Ricky-Jean Francois. After not making Green Bay's final cuts, he was signed to the practice squad.
Pinellas becomes the latest school district to delay reopening to Monday
Currently, 66 local schools remain without electricity, though efforts to remedy that are ongoing. At this time, only essential staff is to report as directed by their supervisors.
Meanwhile, Gunter, a former undrafted free agent out of Miami who has shown flashes of promise at times in his two-year National Football League career, will provide depth at corner for Carolina.
Jean-Francois was a seventh round pick by the San Francisco 49ers in the 2009 NFL Draft. With the Mountaineers, Pankey appeared in 45 games at both guard and tackle with 36 starts and was named second-team all-Big 12 as a senior.
The Philadelphia Eagles signed, but released Greene before the season after he spent the summer with the Eagles camp. Should Butker, a rookie out of Georgia Tech, clear waivers, the Panthers would be able to place him on their practice squad. That includes playing a key role down the stretch as Green Bay's top cornerback a year ago due to injuries.
- Suspended LB Tavante Beckett charged with marijuana possession
- Wanna drink with Dave Grohl? Foo Fighters open bar in Bethnal Green
- Unemployment steady at 5.6pc as 54200 jobs added during August
- Vern Fiddler announces retirement from National Hockey League
- "Dancing With The Stars" Judge Carrie Ann Inaba Calls Off Her Engagement!
- Basket: la Russie en demi-finales en battant la Grèce
- Rijiju hits at critics of India's handling of Rohingya Muslim refugees
- Small gains on Wall Street on positive day for retailers
- Irma weakens; officials urge patience for evacuees eager to return home
- Search underway for man after vehicle found submerged in water