Backing out of the agreement would decrease the time it would take Iran to obtain enough material for a warhead.
Based on the Additional Protocol, the Iran nuclear deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), and the framework of cooperation between Iran and the IAEA, the United Nations nuclear watchdog can only inspect Iranian sites built for nuclear activities, Zarif was quoted as saying by Tasnim news agency.
Some have argued that sanctions would not simply roll back into place because the nuclear deal was not just between Iran and the USA; it was also signed by the UK, France, Germany, China, Russia, and the UN. Iran is subject to regular inspections to monitor whether it adheres to those rules under the terms of the agreement.
Next month, Trump is to decide whether or not to re-certify to Congress that the Iranians are holding up their end of the nuclear deal, in accordance with a law passed by Congress requiring the president to reaffirm Iran's compliance with the deal once every 90 days.
Rian Johnson has no plans to direct 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
It's the first time I'm revealing that!' A YouTube video has surfaced of Johnson dropping more details for The Last Jedi . Director Rian Johnson has revealed long-time collaborator Joseph Gordon-Levitt has a cameo in Star Wars: The Last Jedi .
Experts, including many academics and former US Department of State employees, expressed their concern that the administration of President Donald Trump may be looking for "false pretext" to accuse Iran of non-compliance with the accord in order "to trigger the reimposition of nuclear-related sanctions against Iran".
Last week, Nikki Haley, the US ambassador to the United Nations, called the deal a "very flawed and very limited agreement" and contended that "Iran has been caught in multiple violations over the past year-and-a-half".
The experts who signed the letter, though, described the agreement as "an effective and verifiable arrangement that is a net plus for worldwide nuclear nonproliferation efforts" and warned against leaving it. His administration has been reviewing the deal, however.
- J.Lo says she's in a 'good relationship' for the first time
- Rhode Island man accused of mom shooting in hospital due in court
- Guidelines for debris removal in Lee County
- Cardinals place RB Johnson on injured reserve
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Marines injured in training accident at Camp Pendleton
- 'No reasons' for Ander Herrera absence from Basel victory - Jose Mourinho
- Destiny 2 Leviathan Raid Unlock Times for PS4 and Xbox One
- Robot conducts Andrea Bocelli and Italian orchestra playing Verdi in Pisa
- Former Psychiatric Patient Attacks Shoppers in Toulouse, Yelling 'Allahu Akbar!'