Backing out of the agreement would decrease the time it would take Iran to obtain enough material for a warhead.
Based on the Additional Protocol, the Iran nuclear deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), and the framework of cooperation between Iran and the IAEA, the United Nations nuclear watchdog can only inspect Iranian sites built for nuclear activities, Zarif was quoted as saying by Tasnim news agency.
Some have argued that sanctions would not simply roll back into place because the nuclear deal was not just between Iran and the USA; it was also signed by the UK, France, Germany, China, Russia, and the UN. Iran is subject to regular inspections to monitor whether it adheres to those rules under the terms of the agreement.
Next month, Trump is to decide whether or not to re-certify to Congress that the Iranians are holding up their end of the nuclear deal, in accordance with a law passed by Congress requiring the president to reaffirm Iran's compliance with the deal once every 90 days.
Rhode Island man accused of mom shooting in hospital due in court
The slaying caused a lockdown and partial evacuation of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center at about 2 p.m. local time. Frink's stepfather told police he had turned to walk out of the room when he heard Pamela Ferriere shout or scream.
Experts, including many academics and former US Department of State employees, expressed their concern that the administration of President Donald Trump may be looking for "false pretext" to accuse Iran of non-compliance with the accord in order "to trigger the reimposition of nuclear-related sanctions against Iran".
Last week, Nikki Haley, the US ambassador to the United Nations, called the deal a "very flawed and very limited agreement" and contended that "Iran has been caught in multiple violations over the past year-and-a-half".
The experts who signed the letter, though, described the agreement as "an effective and verifiable arrangement that is a net plus for worldwide nuclear nonproliferation efforts" and warned against leaving it. His administration has been reviewing the deal, however.
- 'No reasons' for Ander Herrera absence from Basel victory - Jose Mourinho
- Paul Walker's Daughter Shares Heartfelt Message On His Birthday
- Could There Already Be A Strictly Come Dancing Romance On The Cards?
- Bornfire app by Facebook shows up in Apple App Store
- Target recalls 178000 Room Essentials four-drawer dressers
- India Flays Pakistan at UN, Says Islamabad Provides Sanctuary to Terrorists
- Marines injured in training accident at Camp Pendleton
- Oasis Petroleum's (NYSE:OAS) Hold Rating Reaffirmed at Stifel Nicolaus
- Satellites show Hurricane Katia crawling to the Mexico coast
- Une nouvelle vidéo montre le tueur juste après l'attentat — Barcelone