On Tuesday, Bradley gave Fox and Sky 10 days to submit more comments or declarations before issuing her final decision on sending the bid to the Competition and Markets Authority.
"Yesterday I received letters on behalf of both parties to the merger, confirming that while they disagree with my "minded to" decision they would not be making substantive representations in relation to it", she told parliament.
Culture Secretary Karen Bradley has confirmed her intention to refer the proposed merger of 21st Century Fox and Sky on the grounds of the genuine commitment to broadcasting standards and media plurality. The government will then come to a final decision on whether or not the merger can proceed. "I will also publish the substantive representations I have received during this process shortly". She could also attach conditions that would apply if 21st Century Fox wants to complete the deal.
The Murdoch family is attempting to purchase the 61% of Sky which it does not now own.
Des ossements humains sur le chantier de la Samaritaine — Paris
Le service de l'identité judiciaire et du laboratoire central de la préfecture de police se sont rendus sur le chantier. Étrange découverte mercredi sur le chantier de la Samaritaine dans le 1er arrondissement de Paris.
It had been expected that Bradley would order an inquiry by the competition regulator on the grounds of media plurality.
Her referral on broadcasting standards grounds flies in the face of recommendations made in a report by communications regulator Ofcom.
"Now the CMA must use their extensive powers to dig up the Murdoch's darkest secrets".
In a short statement to the stock market, Sky said: "We note the swift decision to now refer this to the CMA and will continue to engage constructively in this process". "We now, therefore, look forward to engaging constructively with the CMA, as independent authority, and hope that the findings of this process will be respected" by Bradley, Fox said.
- Scotland rise 15 places in Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings as Wales leapfrog England
- Google Pixel 2: latest rumored specs and features
- Une femme enceinte retrouvée morte et ligotée à Ustaritz — Pays basque
- Musk Now Targets October to Unveil Tesla Semi Truck
- Power restored to 2.8 million Florida homes, businesses since Monday
- Ex-England boss Roy Hodgson appointed Crystal Palace manager
- Israel endorses independent Kurdish state
- United States crude inventories jump, gasoline stocks drop most on record
- Ghost Recon Wildlands - Une Bêta ouverte du 21 au 25 septembre pour le mode PvP
- Présidentielle : Mélenchon met sa défaite sur le dos d'Hamon