"After Hurricane Harvey caused significant damage in Texas and adjacent states at the end of August, there has now been another devastating storm in the form of Hurricane Irma".
"These two events are expected to result in high insured losses, which the market and Munich Re are unable to quantify at the moment", it said in a statement late on Wednesday.
Irma, one of the most powerful Atlantic Ocean storms on record, ravaged several islands in the northern Caribbean, killing at least 60 people, before barreling into Florida's Gulf Coast on Sunday, causing further destruction.
Lucas Pouille jouera en premier face à la Serbie — Coupe Davis
Le tirage au sort de la demi-finale de Coupe Davis opposant ce week-end, à Lille, la France à la Serbie a été effectué ce jeudi.
Global reinsurance firm Munich Re said yesterday that it anticipates falling to a loss in the third-quarter due to its losses from hurricanes Harvey and Irma, which suggests a loss to the company somewhere in the region of Euro 500 million to Euro 1 billion.
Munich Re said it will likely report a loss for the third quarter. For the full year, it previously guided for an aftertax profit, including minorities, of between EUR2.0 billion and EUR2.4 billion ($2.4 billion to $2.86 billion).
Analysts at Jefferies said Munich Re had an advantage over peers such as Swiss Re, given it had one of the largest budgets in the industry to cover natural catastrophes, at 1.4 billion euros for the full year.
- Why Pep Guardiola has frozen out Yaya Touré recently at Manchester City
- Rain showers and mild temperatures continue for Thursday
- McLaren and Honda agree to terminate F1 partnership
- Randy Moss gets inducted into Minnesota Vikings Ring of Honor
- Florida power outage map: How to check who has power
- Apple strips the App Store from iTunes 12.7
- Women 'go off sex' with same partner THIS long into a relationship
- Nouveau témoignage accablant dans l'affaire des assistants du MoDem — Marielle de Sarnez
- Never really spoke to Harry Styles in One Direction: Zayn Malik
- Global Pharmerging Market 2017 Industry Trends, Growth Rate With CAGR Analysis 2022