Now in his 12th season at Real, Marcelo is the second longest serving player after captain Sergio Ramos, having joined the Spanish giants from Brazilian side Fluminense aged 18 back in January 2007, and is the longest serving foreign player in the club's history.
Marcelo has made 414 appearances in total for Real and with his contract extension can expect to overtake Roberto Carlos's tally of 527 as the foreign player with the most appearances for the club.
OFFICIAL: Marcelo has signed a new contract with Real Madrid until June 2022. Additionally, he forged a strong partnership with Cristiano Ronaldo on the left flank, which has gone on to serve Real Madrid well for more than half a decade now.
The Lamborghini Urus SUV is almost here
Mated to a dual clutch transmission, power would be send to all four wheels via an all wheel drive system. The system adjusts the stiffness level to reduce body roll during cornering at high speeds.
Marcelo has been a part of four La Liga championship squads and has won three Champions League titles while with Real Madrid.
He is suspended for Madrid's next two La Liga games after his ban for being sent off for a kick at Jefferson Lerma in Saturday's 1-1 draw at home to Levante was confirmed on Wednesday.
It was said that the Brazilian full-back could miss up to four games after referee Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez pointed out in his report that the ball was "well away" from the action.
Marcelo, 29, is now contracted to the European Champions until the summer of 2022.
- Kenny Chesney's Island Home Torn Apart by Hurricane Irma
- IRMA: 4 dead from unrelated carbon monoxide poisoning
- Flynn Promoted Nuclear-Plant Project While in White House
- School seeks transfer of case
- Chelsea's Kante: I don't feel like Prem's best
- Turkey steps up aid efforts for Rohingya Muslims
- Elderly Man Pushes Suspect Off Roof
- G5 Sahel : Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta est à Ouagadougou
- Stoke 2 Manchester United 2
- Apple Watch 3 or Apple Watch 2: everything you need to know