Now in his 12th season at Real, Marcelo is the second longest serving player after captain Sergio Ramos, having joined the Spanish giants from Brazilian side Fluminense aged 18 back in January 2007, and is the longest serving foreign player in the club's history.
Marcelo has made 414 appearances in total for Real and with his contract extension can expect to overtake Roberto Carlos's tally of 527 as the foreign player with the most appearances for the club.
OFFICIAL: Marcelo has signed a new contract with Real Madrid until June 2022. Additionally, he forged a strong partnership with Cristiano Ronaldo on the left flank, which has gone on to serve Real Madrid well for more than half a decade now.
Philippe Coutinho Ready To 'Give Everything' To Liverpool, Says Teammate Alberto Moreno
In the other Group F game, Maribor came from behind with five minutes remaining to draw 1-1 against Spartak Moscow. Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson said his side had "got done" by Sevilla on Wednesday night.
Marcelo has been a part of four La Liga championship squads and has won three Champions League titles while with Real Madrid.
He is suspended for Madrid's next two La Liga games after his ban for being sent off for a kick at Jefferson Lerma in Saturday's 1-1 draw at home to Levante was confirmed on Wednesday.
It was said that the Brazilian full-back could miss up to four games after referee Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez pointed out in his report that the ball was "well away" from the action.
Marcelo, 29, is now contracted to the European Champions until the summer of 2022.
- 12 morts en Floride — Irma
- G5 Sahel : Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta est à Ouagadougou
- Ryan Won't Say Tax Plan Won't Raise Deficit
- Bangladesh offers land to shelter swelling refugees
- The Lamborghini Urus SUV is almost here
- School seeks transfer of case
- Turkey steps up aid efforts for Rohingya Muslims
- Nevada gas prices highest in two years
- Pakistan Cricket Board plans to host World XI series for 3 years
- Rugby League convert Marika Koroibete named for Wallabies