Due to the size of the population impacted by Hurricane Harvey, The Salvation Army's Emergency Disaster Services Team anticipates this to be the largest and longest emergency response in the history of the organization in America.
"I have to make sure everyone's being safe. Also (I'll be) checking the food that's being served", he said.
Since 1900 the Salvation Army has responded to every major natural disaster providing food, water and shelter as well as financial, emotional and spiritual support. "So they request help from other divisions and other territories", he said.
"There's still approximately 6,000 people without power and there's still approximately 16,000 that are being sheltered and fed", said Jane Gendron, executive director.
Wanna drink with Dave Grohl? Foo Fighters open bar in Bethnal Green
It will also be selling exclusive Foo Fighters merchandise as well as limited edition items, according to El Espectador . The pub, called The Foo Fighters Arms , will have a release party for the record on Friday.
All of the items collected will be donated to the Salvation Army of Northeast Florida's Hurricane Irma relief efforts.
"Since Harvey hit and now with Irma, we've had very generous donors", said Gendron.
"My stomping grounds, they were underwater", Zapata said.
Such agencies are not just calling for monetary donations, but also volunteers. Deployment lasts around 14 days.
- Vern Fiddler announces retirement from National Hockey League
- L'AIE prévoit une solide demande de pétrole
- Hillary Clinton: What (Also) Happened
- Eldorado Gold Corporation (NYSE:EGO) Stock Is Shorted Less
- Panthers claim CB LaDarius Gunter
- Hurricane Irma gives Florida a coast-to-coast pummeling
- Pinellas becomes the latest school district to delay reopening to Monday
- Kate Hudson under fire for comments on C-Sections
- Irma weakens; officials urge patience for evacuees eager to return home
- G5 Sahel : Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta est à Ouagadougou