"When you live in an island community like the Virgin Islands and you see how handsome it is everyday, you become close with a lot of people and they become your extended family", said Chesney. "And this place, these islands have meant so much to me".
Country star Kenny Chesney's home on the U.S. Virgin island of St. John was destroyed by Hurricane Irma.
Upon learning of the devastation in the Virgin Islands, Chesney, 49, created a foundation to help those who lost everything during the hurricane.
"I had 200 miles per hour wind-tested windows throughout my house, and every window in the house just blew out, so these people were really scared", Chesney told Meade.
US Senate approves resolution condemning white supremacist groups
A vehicle driven by a White Supremacist ran over Heather Heyer during the counter-protest rally, which led to her death. Mark Warner (D-Va.) had 54 co-sponsors, including 45 Democrats, seven Republicans and two independents.
Hanna recounted sheltering in Chesney's home as Irma battered the Virgin Island. "It's really odd to see such a attractive place look like a war zone".
Most of the country has followed the storm on the news and on the internet, but people who live in Florida and the Caribbean islands have dealt with the storm firsthand. "I don't know right now how we're going to do this". He does not specify what the funds will be used for at this time saying, "Give us a few days to figure this out".
On Wednesday night (September 6th), the category 5 hurricane devastated Barbuda, St. Martin and the British Virgin Islands with rain and 180 miles per hour winds. On Monday, Branson announced on the Virgin website that tomorrow he and his team will distribute supplies to those who need it most in conjunction with the local authorities.
While his house was a concern, Chesney was more anxious about the people of his island community.
- Wanna drink with Dave Grohl? Foo Fighters open bar in Bethnal Green
- Unemployment steady at 5.6pc as 54200 jobs added during August
- Kate Hudson under fire for comments on C-Sections
- Vern Fiddler announces retirement from National Hockey League
- Here's Why China Banks Fear US-North Korea Sanctions
- Rijiju hits at critics of India's handling of Rohingya Muslim refugees
- Irma weakens; officials urge patience for evacuees eager to return home
- Local Volunteers Deploy To Help Hurricane Victims
- Tickets for Brewers-Marlins series go on sale Thursday
- Basket: la Russie en demi-finales en battant la Grèce