"I never wanted it to turn into a toxic relationship where he's taken me from where I am as a 12-year-old kid to where I am today, and I'm not talking to him anymore", Day said Wednesday in explaining why he has replaced Colin Swatton, his swing coach and his only caddie since he turned professional, on his bag starting at this week's BMW Championship.
Per Golf Channel, Day and Reardon have been friends for years, dating back to rooming together at Hills College, a live-in golf academy when Day still lived in Australia.
Jason Day has made a shock caddie change on the eve of the US PGA Tour's BMW Championship. Swatton was a coach at Kooralbyn International School, which Day attended as a youth. Phil Mickelson and Bones Mackay parted ways this summer, followed by Rory McIlroy and J.P. Fitzgerald after the British Open. "It's always hard because we've been a team for so long".
"Everything is great when you win, but when you're playing poorly, that's when a true test of a relationship actually happens between a player and a caddie", Day said.
India regrets criticism by UN Human Rights body on Rohingya issue
Rohingya in India face an uncertain future, with the Hindu-nationalist government threatening to send them back to Myanmar. The country is already home to hundreds of thousands of Rohingyas who have fled previous outbreaks of violence in Myanmar.
Day, who has 10 PGA Tour victories, has suffered through a trying season and hasn't won since the 2016 Players Championship. Went a little further and kept on like butting heads out there. "I'm planning on trying to keep him around".
"I've got a buddy on the bag".
"He's always going to be my coach, always will, unless he gets paid more somewhere else", Day said. "He's my coach and always will be".
Day said Reardon's visa expires at the end of the month, and that former player David Lutterus would caddie for him at the Presidents Cup. Obviously, he needed some time just going over things and really understand my feelings and what I wanted to try to accomplish in my career as a player and then obviously trying to get his feelings as well. "I have no one to blame other than myself", Day said. "But there's been a lot going on this year".
- Rhode Island man accused of mom shooting in hospital due in court
- Could There Already Be A Strictly Come Dancing Romance On The Cards?
- Former Psychiatric Patient Attacks Shoppers in Toulouse, Yelling 'Allahu Akbar!'
- Merck & Company, Inc. (NYSE:MRK) has industry P/E ratio of 12.52
- McDonald's Employee Gives Birth In Restaurant, Attempts To Flush Baby Down Toilet
- Paul Walker's Daughter Shares Heartfelt Message On His Birthday
- Satellites show Hurricane Katia crawling to the Mexico coast
- 'No reasons' for Ander Herrera absence from Basel victory - Jose Mourinho
- Marines injured in training accident at Camp Pendleton
- Guidelines for debris removal in Lee County