Dimanche, 19 Novembre 2017
Dernières nouvelles
Principale » IRMA: 4 dead from unrelated carbon monoxide poisoning

IRMA: 4 dead from unrelated carbon monoxide poisoning

14 Septembre 2017

Deputies said the generator was found in the garage, which had been converted as an extension of the home.

As a safety precaution, those using a generator should also have carbon monoxide detectors in every room.

The couple was transported to a local hospital for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Three of the people inside were dead, officials said.

Another person, who was able to get out of the house, collapsed outside and died, deputies said.

HBO To Film Multiple Endings Of 'Game Of Thrones'
The eighth and final season of Game of Thrones , which will consist of six episodes, will air sometime in 2018 on HBO . The thinking there seems to be that no matter what the show does, spoilers are going to get out.

Carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless, tasteless gas, and is highly poisonous. The generator was powering a refrigerator, a standalone freezer and two fans.

An Orange County Sheriff's deputy arrived at the home Tuesday after a 911 call, but was overwhelmed by the fumes inside the residence, according to a statement obtained by PEOPLE. "Generators need to be kept outside homes and garages and away from open doors and windows, vents, and air intakes", warned the police.

"It's something you never expect to see or to witness ... we just seen these folks outside a couple of days ago", said neighbor Jordan Garcia.

The first deputy inside the door was overcome by fumes.

The victims' names have not been released. Depending on the level of exposure, carbon monoxide may cause headache, nausea, lethargy (or fatigue), weakness, abdominal discomfort/pain, confusion, dizziness, visual disturbances including blurred vision, numbness and tingling, loss of muscle control or coordination, irritability, agitation, chest pain, shortness of breath, palpitations, seizures, loss of consciousness, and in severe cases, death. News 13's Ybeth Bruzual sat down with an Orlando firefighter to discuss what needs to be done to prevent more deaths as the area recovers from Hurricane Irma.

IRMA: 4 dead from unrelated carbon monoxide poisoning