"He's always going to be recognised as a legend at the club and he'll get a great reception when he comes back".
"There's a lot of games, especially this month, so you're always going to get your chance", Lingard said. England's all-time record goalscorer recently retired from worldwide football, following Three Lions boss Gareth Southgate's apparent determination to gradually phase the player out of the global set-up.
Romelu Lukaku's goal in the win over Basel was his sixth in six games for United since his £75 million summer switch from the Toffees, and Lingard says his style gives the side a new edge in attack.
"If it's only 1-0 it's always hard to manage a game, and he knew what to do at times, especially towards the end of games".
Speaking to reporters, Lingard said: "You learn every day from him".
Des ossements humains sur le chantier de la Samaritaine — Paris
Le service de l'identité judiciaire et du laboratoire central de la préfecture de police se sont rendus sur le chantier. Étrange découverte mercredi sur le chantier de la Samaritaine dans le 1er arrondissement de Paris.
"Obviously he was at Everton as a young boy and he thought it was the right decision at the time".
Former captain Rooney won five Premier League titles and the Champions League with United.
Lingard said: "We saw a year ago what he is capable of and what he did for Everton".
On average, the 24-year-old has scored one goal from every four attempted shots, giving him a 28.57 conversion rate - compared to Everton's underwhelming eight per cent return. "You learn a lot and you want to keep training hard and like I said you will get your chance, it's all about taking it". "He's very strong in the box and very good with his head, so he gives a lot of options to the man on the ball".
Asked if Lukaku has the potential to be the kind of figure Rooney was for United, Lingard said: "I think Rom's a really nice guy, he's got his feet on the ground and he doesn't let anything faze him".
Last night, Lukaku finally had the chance to make his debut in the UEFA Champions League, and he capped the day off with a well taken goal.
- Apple strips the App Store from iTunes 12.7
- Tatiana Silva arrête temporairement la présentation de la météo
- ESPN Distances Itself From Anchor Who Called Trump 'Bigot'
- Lucas Pouille jouera en premier face à la Serbie — Coupe Davis
- McLaren and Honda agree to terminate F1 partnership
- Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Legendaries Revealed In Japanese Magazine
- Never really spoke to Harry Styles in One Direction: Zayn Malik
- Murdoch faces broadcasting standards investigation
- Missouri Senate votes to censure Chappelle-Nadal over Trump assassination post
- Flare lands near referee in Champions League game