Honda has confirmed that electrified technology will now feature in every new vehicle model launched in Europe.
The announcement was made by Honda Motor Co.
All eyes were on the Nissan Leaf as Nissan finally unveiled the upgraded version of their EV powered model but Honda managed to snatch the spotlight over at the Frankfurt Motor Show with their new Honda Urban EV concept.
Honda Urban EV: The Star Of Show
Honda's Urban EV Concept is built on a completely new platform, and showcases advanced technology within a simple and sophisticated design. "This is not some vision of the distant future; a production version of this auto will be here in Europe in 2019", the manager added with respect to the Urban EV prototype. In Europe, the target year is 2025, as interest is particularly strong. While at the rear, the Honda logo is backlit in blue which the carmaker says will be a feature of the company's future production EVs.
"Here in Europe, we see this move towards electrification gathering pace at an even higher rate than elsewhere", Hachigo commented, adding that Europe was therefore particularly appropriate for the global premiere of the "next step" in Honda's Electric Vision strategy. In Europe, the CR-V Hybrid will replace the diesel variant to be sold alongside the turbo petrol option next year.
As previously covered, Honda has unveiled a new electric vehicle concept at the show, and taken the covers off a smart electricity control system that could benefit the bank balances of electric auto owners in the future.
McLaren Ditches Honda For Renault Power
Toro Rosso will run with Honda power in 2018 in a move that would allow McLaren to pick up Renault engines. The team have endured three wretched seasons under Honda power, failing to record a single podium finish.
- WAFU Cup: Coach confident Eagles will advance despite late arrival
- Constitutional law expert PP Rao dies at 84
- La Banque nationale suisse abaisse sa projection de croissance pour 2017
- Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HIIQ) - Investors Unusual Volume Roundup
- Woman Raped by Cabbie Near Golden Jubilee Park in Delhi, Accused Held
- Nike, Inc. (NKE) Rating Reiterated by Robert W. Baird
- Investment consultants clash with industry over competition investigation
- Justice : Kingsley Coman condamné
- Siri believes Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield owns Ohio Stadium
- Saaho: Prabhas treats Shraddha Kapoor to delicacies from Hyderabad