She also said her controversial comment that half of Trump's supporters could be put into "what I call the basket of deplorables" was an unintended "political gift" for Trump, though she does not regret or retract the statement. He then pressed: "Do you think that the Trump campaign, with the knowledge of the now-President, colluded with Russian Federation and stole this election?".
Voters, though, were mostly split as to why Clinton fell to Trump in one of the most contentious elections in the nation's history. But at other times, it descends into the sort of score settling that is meant to immunise her from blame. From there, she said, the U.S. should take incremental steps toward a single-payer system.
Clinton's visit was announced Tuesday morning, two days after she gave an interview to CBS' "Sunday Morning" in which she said she would not run for president again in 2020.
"When I came back out, they said, 'You'll never guess what happened, ' and I was like, 'God dang it!'" "She's doing harm to all of us because of her own selfishness".
"When I'm serving in an office, as I said like secretary of state, I have really high favorability ratings". "It stopped my momentum". Even if Clinton hasn't quite perfected the practice, she has adopted the abrasive Clintonian habit of saying things she insists she's not saying at all. The Clinton email scandal plagued her campaign up until Election Day, and the FBI's investigation of it only intensified public scrutiny of the matter.
Hurricane Irma gives Florida a coast-to-coast pummeling
Virgin Islands and Cuba, killing at least 24 people and leaving officials scrambling Sunday to bring aid to shattered islands. Fort Myers sits north of where Hurricane Irma made landfall over the weekend, though the area did suffer some damage.
Clinton largely stepped away from the spotlight after her election loss, but is in the midst of a slew of media appearances promoting "What Happened", her newly released memoir reflecting on the campaign.
In her book, Clinton details her "stunned" reaction to learning about the Comey news on the campaign plane.
"We didn't know about that before the election", Clinton said.
"I talk about a conversation I had with Sheryl Sandberg, who has really helped to put into perspective a lot of research that supports common experiences".
Lauer asked if Clinton believed that the Trump campaign colluded with Russian Federation, but Clinton deferred to the investigation now underway by a special federal prosecutor.
That's a more measured way of referring to the study than she used previously.
- Basket: la Russie en demi-finales en battant la Grèce
- Guinée: les officiels guinéens et leurs familles privés de visa américain
- Small gains on Wall Street on positive day for retailers
- "Dancing With The Stars" Judge Carrie Ann Inaba Calls Off Her Engagement!
- Unemployment steady at 5.6pc as 54200 jobs added during August
- Socceroos to play Syria World Cup qualifier playoff in Malaysia
- Tickets for Brewers-Marlins series go on sale Thursday
- Pinellas becomes the latest school district to delay reopening to Monday
- Suspended LB Tavante Beckett charged with marijuana possession
- Irma weakens; officials urge patience for evacuees eager to return home